2012 2500 CTD trans whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swp1983

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
Specs: 2012 2500 CTD 6 speed auto trans 4x4, 3" leveled with 35s and 45k miles on the stock drive train.
I've had the truck for about 6 months and it's been aGreat vehicle so far. But I've noticed a whine when the truck is in gear and coasting say at slower speeds ( lower than 40). The sound goes away when I pop it into neutral and coast. And the sound comes from midship. Possibly trans? So I'm wondering if these transmissions have a history of making noise normally? Oh, trans shifts great and fluid looks clean!
Thanks for the info!
Shawn

huntntruk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mines noisy, clunky, whiny. I tell myself its a big truck thing to make myself feel better. I noticed it drives and sounds completely different when you don't ***** foot around with it. It drives better under heavier acceleration or under load. I have 4.10s for reference.

OP
OP
swp1983

swp1983

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
Ya just wondering what you guys have heard from these transmissions. The whine is deffinenltly not loud. My tires are louder I think.......