2015 RAM 2500 4x4 Tires for LOTS of snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMinAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I went by a tire shop today and they recommended Cooper Discoverer M+S for my Ram 2500 4x4. The LT275/70R18/10 (mfg item number 50411 to be specific).

They want to stud them too, total price would be over 1200 bucks!

Is this my only choice for a load rating E winter tire? I'm in AK, so snow and ice are daily challenges pretty soon.

My wife drives on Blizzak tires, but she just has an SUV. Was hoping some more affordable and non-studded tires might be out there that someone can recommend. Ideally, something I could order with Amazon Prime and save the $450 shipping charge I would have to pay to tirerack.com

Yes, asking a lot, but thanks at least for reading this!

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Go to tire rack.com They list (18 inch E-rated)firestone winter forceLT & general grabber arctic LT,both are winter tires that can have studs.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I ordered the Cooper S/T Maxx, which can also be studded, through Tire Depot. They ship free to an authorized installer, but not sure that is even an option in AK:) Prior I had the BFG KO2's which have the snowflake rating, for whatever that's worth.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second the Firestone Winter Force. Softer rubber works better, for cold conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
I went by a tire shop today and they recommended Cooper Discoverer M+S for my Ram 2500 4x4. The LT275/70R18/10 (mfg item number 50411 to be specific).

They want to stud them too, total price would be over 1200 bucks!

Is this my only choice for a load rating E winter tire? I'm in AK, so snow and ice are daily challenges pretty soon.

My wife drives on Blizzak tires, but she just has an SUV. Was hoping some more affordable and non-studded tires might be out there that someone can recommend. Ideally, something I could order with Amazon Prime and save the $450 shipping charge I would have to pay to tirerack.com

Yes, asking a lot, but thanks at least for reading this!

Myself and a few others here have purchased Kanati Tires...I got 275/70/18 MUD HOGS shipped to my front door for $765.00 complete...Purchased on e-bay from parrish tire co.

Kanati Tires

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Myself and a few others here have purchased Kanati Tires...I got 275/70/18 MUD HOGS shipped to my front door for $765.00 complete...Purchased on e-bay from parrish tire co.

Kanati Tires

I'm also running Kanatis, Trail Hogs for me. $899 shipped for 285/60/20, also from Parrish on ebay. No clue how they do in snow yet because it doesn't snow in FL but I'm hoping I'll find out over Christmas when I head up to the mountains of Tennessee. Overall though, they're a great tire for the price and they're studdable and have the snowflake rating. Look through my post history and you'll find a thread with all my impressions of them.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
about a year ago i bought a 16 2500 tradesman crew 8' bed.

the stock firestones came off the second the tire shop opened the next day ( i drove from st paul to home in golden co )

the bfg k/o2 are a dream in the snow.

i live at 9300 elevation. i highly recommend these tires.

cheers!

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
How much snow are we talking? I run average all-season AT tires and we get snow by the feet.

OP
OP
RMinAK

RMinAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
How much snow are we talking? I run average all-season AT tires and we get snow by the feet.

locally, it can just be a foot or two falling at one time; however, if I do any traveling up to three or four hours away, it can be pretty deep (and the drifts, yikes!)

Went to another tire shop yesterday, still looking at about 1300 for Cooper stuff. Checked online sources and shipping is $450-$500 for just about everything (including the brands/models everyone has recommended here, but I do appreciate the information!).

Bought Blizzak tires for my wife's SUV a couple years ago and they shipped free to AK with Amazon Prime. No such deal for my tire requirements :(

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Dedicated winter tires Mastercraft MSR (same as Cooper M+S, made by Cooper) or all season AT BFG KO2.

It's all about the sipe.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
locally, it can just be a foot or two falling at one time; however, if I do any traveling up to three or four hours away, it can be pretty deep (and the drifts, yikes!)

Went to another tire shop yesterday, still looking at about 1300 for Cooper stuff. Checked online sources and shipping is $450-$500 for just about everything (including the brands/models everyone has recommended here, but I do appreciate the information!).

Bought Blizzak tires for my wife's SUV a couple years ago and they shipped free to AK with Amazon Prime. No such deal for my tire requirements :(

I think Blizzak are similar tread/compound as Winterforce.
Have you tired your dealership? I got a good deal on my Winterforce from dealer. Equal to online pricing, + mounting and balancing. No fussing around, called when they came in, made an appointment, done. The extra nice bonus was they mounted and installed, them on non TPMS rims.
Dedicated winter wheels and tire's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RMinAK

RMinAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
calling the dealership is now on my list of things to do. My salesperson is a good guy, can't hurt to try!

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
MSR under $800 delivered. 4wd parts has KO2 under $900 including free shipping.

Google is free.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I've had the Cooper S/T MAXX. Honestly I hated them. But others like them. I found them slippery.
My last two trucks I've been running the Goodyear Duratrac. Wow. Love my Tracs.
Winter rated, lots of sipes, heavy lug for chewing through deep snow.
https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac

Attachments

• Wrangler_DuraTrac_354.jpg
    Wrangler_DuraTrac_354.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
RMinAK

RMinAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
MSR under $800 delivered. 4wd parts has KO2 under $900 including free shipping.

Google is free.

This one?

Free Shipping is only available to U.S. addresses in the contiguous 48 states

OP
OP
RMinAK

RMinAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Lots of local searching, ended up ordering Firestone Winterforce from the dealer. About $250 each. Pretty much everything around here is *Prices higher in AK & Hawaii :)

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Lots of local searching, ended up ordering Firestone Winterforce from the dealer. About $250 each. Pretty much everything around here is *Prices higher in AK & Hawaii :)

Should have moved to Hawaii instead, then you wouldn't need snow tires:D