2500 sqeaking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bggdgg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Have a 2016 2500 that has a bad squeak on the passenger side when turning to the right and hitting a bump. Does not do it when turning left. Mechanic definitely heard it, but with limited time didn't locate the problem. Anyone else have this problem?

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Could be a bad/loose passenger front shock.

I had my rear driver side shock replaced at under 1k miles due to leaking. Was making no noise though. Stock shocks are crap.

I had a 14 Wrangler that would squeak in the front over any little bump. Turned out to be a bad front shock.

One thing I enjoy about this all coil suspension is how quiet it is over any kind of bump. Hope you get it figured out and post back when you do.

The Hulk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long shot, but a known squeak on a ram 2500 is on the driver side lower control arm. Check the parking brake cable.

52E86C3D-4D97-4403-AB1D-D0EB1D312E5A_zpsvmmxyxmr.jpg

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long shot, but a known squeak on a ram 2500 is on the driver side lower control arm. Check the parking brake cable.

That was my suggestion, I had the same noise, it took my dealer a while to figure it out

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OMG, I had this *exact* problem on my 1500, especially when it was cold.

Turns out it was the hood bushing - little pieces of black rubber that keep the hood from "falling" too far into the engine bay.

Greased up both bushings with a liberal dab of silicone grease and it's been silent for over a year since.

The bushings are on either side of the hood, up from the headlights on the "body rail" area. They keep the hood from contacting the body metal to metal. They're really quite hard, especially when it gets colder.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had a bad squeak as well when I first got my ram last summer. Turns out, it was the spare tire rubbing against the heat shield for the exhaust. It drove me crazy for a while. Like others have said, sometimes it is something really simple. I hope you find it, because squeaks drive me insane!