Front bumper that doesn't protrude much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Looking for aftermarket bumpers, and since I'm already driving a CCLB 2500, I don't want to make it any more longer than necessary. Now, the hard part is finding pictures from the side where you can really see how far these aftermarket bumpers stick out. I'm looking to stay under $2k for front and rear bumpers...what are you guys running that sits close to the truck? I'll soon be putting on Thuren springs in front and back with 37" tires, and I will not be using a winch.

Here are a couple that have me interested.

https://www.realtruck.com/go-rhino-br10-front-bumper/R184559P2016Y2713MA.html
Ranch Hand BTD101BLR Legend Front Bumper Bullnose Dodge 2500/3500 2010-2016
Fab Fours DR10-S2962-1 Black Steel Front Winch Bumper Pre Runner Dodge 2500/3500 2010-2016

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
There's no way I can spend that kind of money, gotta keep it under 2k for front and rear combined.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Those are pretty cool looking though. I'm considering the ICI Magnum as well. That'd be right at my budget limit.

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The magnum looks like a nice bumper too and does not seem to stick out as much as the ranch hand. But I have I no experience with either. Just basing it on what I can see in the pictures from realtruck.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Look at the Fab Four lineups. I had the Black Steel Elite on my 1500 and really liked it. If you hunt around for a good deal you may be able to do front and back for $2,000.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Look at the Fab Four lineups. I had the Black Steel Elite on my 1500 and really liked it. If you hunt around for a good deal you may be able to do front and back for $2,000.

Got any pics of that setup?

nclark112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) Fab fours
2) Ranch hand
3) Go rhino

Only reason why I liked the fab fours more than the ranch hand is because the bottom center is a plate as opposed to the expanded metal. Either would look good though!

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I can tell you that the Smittybilt M1 front bumper is the worst by far in regards to "sticking out". It looks like a picnic table bolted onto the front of a Ram! The Fusion is the most low profile design that I've seen for our 4th gens.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Looking at the ICI bumpers, there's a winch and no-winch option...the ones I've seen without a winch seem to sit pretty close to the truck compared to the ones with a winch...is this true or do they both stick out the same amount? Hard to find any hard data on the web about it, but from pics there are some that sit pretty close to the truck...and it seems to have the same kinda textured finish as my Nfab steps, which is a plus.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone see the Warn ascent bumper in person on our Rams? Looks pretty nice, and when I added two sets of LEDs for the bumper pods, and a 10k winch it was around $2200. Still love the look of the AEV one though.

I haven't been able to find a side pic of the Warn ascent to see if / how far it sticks out though.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone see the Warn ascent bumper in person on our Rams? Looks pretty nice, and when I added two sets of LEDs for the bumper pods, and a 10k winch it was around $2200. Still love the look of the AEV one though.

I haven't been able to find a side pic of the Warn ascent to see if / how far it sticks out though.

That bumper uses a foot-down winch mount and is only rated to 12K. If winching is important to you you might might want to consider something else.

If you don't want a winch but want a low profile bumper, check out Thuren.