'12 R/T owner converted to '14 Sport owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yep, I finally got to searching hard and found close to what I want. At the end of last week I drove down to Ralph Sellers in Gonzales, LA and checked out a 2014 bright white 4x4 crew cab Ram Sport. I was so impressed I left with it. It doesn't have the sport hood, sunroof, air ride, ram boxes, push start, and 3.92 gears. I can live without all that except I will probably look into a gear swap down the road.

1394450_10153379403610188_1088333571_n.jpg

I LOVE the new 8 speed. Extremely impressed with it. So smooth, and the fuel efficiency for a 4dr 4wd truck is outrageous. I am so glad I didn't get a Ford now. The overall quality of this '14 compared to the '12 is night and day, it seems. The headlights are so much better. The standard lights were very poor. Uconnect is an amazing system, as well. Beats the hell out of the dad's 2011 Ford sync system. I honestly think this is the best all around truck on the market. It has some of everything.

Soon to come: tint, bed liner, weathertechs, CAI, and exhaust :D to start off

Last edited:

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Very nice truck, can't wait to see it with some mods! Just be aware that the gear swap can get very pricy ($2000+)

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
very very nice truck you have there, sir!!

OP
OP
M

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks guys. I WOULD start this week, but I have to buy the license plate for it (my R/T's first plate was just over $500, I suspect this to be in the ball park of $700). I have every intention in making it look much better. I'm very satisfied at this point though, awesome looking truck in person. I have to get exhaust soon.... my R/T had a magnaflow muffler and all this silence is killing me.

Did they do anything to improve the speaker depth in the doors? Or is it the same as the 09-12s?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Nice truck...

I think I work with your buddy Adam.... I wanted to buy your R/T rims man!!! lol

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's a sharp looking truck! Congrats!

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is super nice! I really like those rims.

I'm with you on the exhaust. Fixed my exhaust the day I bought it. Same thing with my Mustang. I can't imagine why anyone would want a silent Mustang GT. They make new vehicles so quiet now.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
*Drive it for a while and see if you end up actually wanting the 3.92's.

Nice change up!

OP
OP
M

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nice truck...

I think I work with your buddy Adam.... I wanted to buy your R/T rims man!!! lol

Yea, you must work with his crazy ass haha. Bless you.

They're at Ralph Sellers now lol. I never did anything to that truck besides muffler, floormats, and Bakflip because I didn't plan on keeping it once I got my new job title.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just ordered a tow hitch and Husky X-act floormats. Got to looking into them vs the Weathertechs, and I am hopeful the quality will be higher despite being substantially cheaper. The tow hitch is an OEM Mopar, I got it for a decent price. Frustrates me a damn hitch can't be standard on a 4WD $40K+ truck haha.

So besides tint and my license plate (state still has received the tax payment from Ralph Sellers, so I can't buy it yet), here's what I am looking at coming up (short term)

Vararam
Throttle body
Catch can
Exhaust system- which is the biggest dilemma. I can't decide between another 14" Magnaflow or Corsa. I am leaning Corsa for something different.

Long term

Headers
Suspension lift
35s on 20s
Tuner (when its available)
New stereo setup

*Drive it for a while and see if you end up actually wanting the 3.92's.

Nice change up!

Thanks. It feels like going from a toy to a luxury vehicle. Mostly because of the quality of the ride. I feel as though I already want the 3.92s though. I am going to give it a bit longer, but I had the 4.10s in the R/T and loved them. I feel the truck would benefit from the 3.92s when the lift and tires are applied too

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
OEM tow hitch installed. X-act floor mats in (love em), and Corsa en route. Next week: vararam?

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Love the truck man, and most of the mods on your list are very similar to the ones I will be looking at, with the exception of the tires....I'm wanting to go with the BDS 6" and 37's....Anyway, that's a very nice ride, and like you, I love the 8 speed.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
OEM tow hitch installed. X-act floor mats in (love em), and Corsa en route. Next week: vararam?

I wouldnt even waste your money on a vararam unless you think it looks cool. Wont net you any HP

OP
OP
M

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can you expound a little? The guys on here seem to love the Air Grabber?