2005 1500 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got this truck in a trade about 3 weeks ago, I traded my 1989 Jeep Cherokee for this truck. It was previously used as a work truck with 138k miles on it, interior is pretty good just one rip in the driver seat and a rip on the center console. It does have a dented back bumper but I have looked at those on Amazon for about $140.

*Next time I'll make sure not to take huge resolution photos.*

fMoJqZN.jpg

HMrRP1r.jpg

mA3HGig.jpg

1MTXZa8.jpg

This is roughly the truck when I got it, first thing I did was change the tires they were just stock rims and some cheap economy tires. Also ripped off the smittybilt nerf bars because the truck doesn't even have a leveling kit on it so I thought it looked silly.

rXNuPMz.jpg

CG6zy46.jpg

tFYeodh.jpg

Next up I color matched the front bumper and grille because the black on them was atrociously done. I had to sand down all the way to the chrome and then some.

TAwffw7.jpg

uqIeG7I.jpg

XSoZcKl.jpg

EQnIN7q.jpg

FNaExYV.jpg

FICb4gV.jpg

The radio on this thing was shot, the volume knob would change the volume both up and down so it was beyond frustrating. As well as having no AUX port so I needed an upgrade ASAP.

As it sits right now.

39uZb3E.jpg

jfs3UfB.jpg

AvKgNs9.jpg

zLJAgAL.jpg

tTbdhLp.jpg

oO3t59w.jpg

*Bonus Pics*
Making flag poles for Pismo as I go out there quite often.

uR0pIRP.jpg

zFgcxj1.jpg

I do need some opinions and expertise now though! I am looking to lift it, I need some advice as to which avenue to take, I could just crank the torsion bar to get it level but I hear that ruins the ride. OR the P/O did give me the bigger torsion keys but I hear those are a pain to install on your own and when I talked to a guy at West Coast Off Road he recommended not adding those because 1. he would charge $120 2. they would make the ride even stiffer, so he recommended I just crank the torsion bar nuts and level it that way. I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on what I should do. Also I am looking for a lift anywhere from 3-6 inches that isn't going to break the bank but I can't find much aside from Rough Country. Another area I want some feedback on is the plastic valence on the front should I paint it black, leave it colormatched, or rip it off?

*TO-DO List*
Fog Lights
Lift/Leveling Kit
Subwoofers (any on ideas on where to mount the amp?)
Tow Hooks
Window Tint
BedLiner
Rear Bumper

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have any experience adding fog lights, I've heard you just buy the OEM switch with the fog lights enabled and harness and just plug the harness into the truck and bing bang boom. Is that true? Winjet WJ30-0065-09 Clear Lens Projector Fog Light with LED Halo (Dodge Durango/Ram) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A150H5G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zjl4xbE3MRBYZ I'm looking at those lights.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
That depends on whether or not you have the factory wiring harness for them. Not all the STs do but not sure which one you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That depends on whether or not you have the factory wiring harness for them. Not all the STs do but not sure which one you have

You buy the switch, bezels, and harness and the truck has the plug in just chilling there, I thought. I may be wildly mistaken

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
You should check that you do first it'll be on the front bumper horn on the drivers side me and a few others don't have it but some do

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright I will check that right now.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You may also need to have a flash done to enable the fogs.

I added fogs to a 2007 Charger and had to have the PCM flashed with the sales code so they would work.

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You may also need to have a flash done to enable the fogs.

I added fogs to a 2007 Charger and had to have the PCM flashed with the sales code so they would work.

oh **** this is getting more and more complex, i read a couple write-ups and those guys were all relaxed about how easy of a mod it was! haha

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
The 2005s won't but do you have the hook ups for it is the main question

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I'd just run a new harness with a separate switch. I didn't want to go through the trouble of taking my truck to the dealership. They would find a million things wrong with my truck and try to get me to buy ****. She's never been in the 175k I've had her. Lol

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd just run a new harness with a separate switch. I didn't want to go through the trouble of taking my truck to the dealership. They would find a million things wrong with my truck and try to get me to buy ****. She's never been in the 175k I've had her. Lol

Do you have any ideas on where to put the switch the interior in this model doesn't really allow for much simple modification. Unless of course someone has a super easy fix

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Where would I put that switch? Are there any dope switch panels that go into my existing cubby below AC controls? Anyone have any ideas? This is my first dodge and I've only owned it for around a month so any ideas are all brand new to me.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
The 02-05 don't require the flash I believe so that wouldn't be a problem

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 02-05 don't require the flash I believe so that wouldn't be a problem

Alright Lil_Ram I'll get underneath it today, I just couldn't bring myself to do it yesterday lol. So much procrastination, I spent all day doing Bio and English homework.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Haha I have the same problem but mines too much work

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
homework homework I think the last time I did any homework was back in 1982. You are doing a very nice job with your truck, may I suggest slow and steady wins the race. Congrats young fella!!!!

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
homework homework I think the last time I did any homework was back in 1982. You are doing a very nice job with your truck, may I suggest slow and steady wins the race. Congrats young fella!!!!

Thank you that means a lot. I absolutely despise college and school in general I just want to get done lol. Yeah I definitely want to take my time with this truck it's my first truck that isn't older than I am and has a working AC, I want to do things the right way and not just what gets me results. When I was sixteen I bought a welder and fabbed this absolutely atrocious light bar in like 5 hours, I loved it then but oh my goodness that thing was ugly. I didn't have a bender so I just made it a giant rectangle.

OP
OP
Jake2005

Jake2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't been doing much to it, plan is still to get a 3 inch body lift, but I went ahead and cranked the torsion bars a little bit. It looks closer to level but not quite. Also I finished the flag pole mounts and painted the actual flag poles. d8c7365dd5b91657f2ade42aebff8d33.jpg