94 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Here is my new to me 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.9L V8. I bought this truck Saturday for $1600 after arguing with myself for a week on what to do. The drivers side front panel was the only "major" body defect, the whole thing was spongy. The guy I bought it from threw in a better panel with no rust to replace it with. The other problem it had was a cracked exhaust manifold, he also threw in a replacement for that, along with the gaskets. Everything was rebuilt within the last 2 years. The only thing he never got around to doing was replacing the 4x4 actuator. It also needs the rear pass. window replaced.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
I put the Diamond plate trim and tool box on, it came off my Silverado C1500 I got when my grandpa passed away so I could put a fiberglass toneau cover on it.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Very nice! I really like that body style. What plans do you have for it? Lift, wheels, tires?

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey, it's the shorter, heavier brother to my truck lol
Welcome to RF man

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Well, I already put the new panel and manifold on, I'll post new pics tomorrow, but right now my plans are to spray the rims with flat black and leave the centers chrome. The tires on it only have 1000 miles on them, and are very aggressive IMO for A/T's, so until they wear out I think I'll leave them. Eventually I would like to scuff the whole thing and re spray it, It looks MUCH better in the pictures than it is, the paint is heavily faded in spots, there is no paint on the roof. But for now being only 17 and short on cash, I think I'll buy a few rattle cans of gloss black. I NEED to get that rear window fixed though, so that is priority 1. This is really just going to be a worker/play toy for me, something to haul hay baled on the farm with and head to the Silver Lake Dunes the next. If anything as far as lift goes I'd like to level it some with spring spacers.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
If you ever plan on having it painted by a professional painter, ditch the rattle can idea. Save your money for a Maaco job, even if you get the cheap single stage urethane Maaco job, it will be a ton better than rattle canning it.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Sweet. What are you planning to do the rims in? There's some stuff that a lot of us guys here use - it's called Plasti-dip and it will give you the flat black look. I've used it on my rims, ram badges, and grill inserts that were all chrome before.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
I restore mainly old tractors, but do about anything. I have a 60 gallon compressor and a gravity feed spray gun, so chances are I'll end up doing the truck my self. Fornow the rattle anning would be just to protect the bare metal from the elements, would only be sprayed o the bare spots. I can take a rattle can and make it look prttey evenly coated, and I'll probably even scuff it up with coarse steel wool to make it match the rest of the truck lol. Rims I will probably sand and hit with Rhino liner. guy we mud with did his on his GMC 2500 and they look pretty good, and the liner takes the abuse very well to. I will look into your method though, where ca I find some info?

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Truck will look pretty good once you get the painting done. Decent price for a 3/4 ton too.
I like where your exhaust tips are, thats what I am planning to do with mine just bigger tips. Hows the sound?
And a chop
repainted black. painted front bumper, and rims.
Lukeblacktruck.jpg

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
drool..... well, you just made my decision for me lol. now it just needs smoked headlights and it'll be all set lol. Anybody ever tried "window tint film" on taillights? any opinions? Thanks werm!
As for the tips, if you ever take her off the pavement, they do not stay clean, I acctually wouldn't go any bigger if I was you, To me, it sounds too deep already. Longer yes, larger diam. no. I also have true duals and cherrybomb glasspacks, Would like to gut the cats. Glasspacks don't sound good with cats IMO. But, unlike a lot of people, I like a little crackle.

Last edited:

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You lookin for some headlights like these?
3042cbb4.jpg

These are what I've got on mine. As far as tinting colored plastic, I've heard it could turn it an opaque color. I did it on my last car to the reflectors in the bumper. Wasn't too hard but they were flat.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Whered you get them? As for the tail lights, I think I'll get the VHT spray from Autozone.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
For my current exhaust I have it coming out the cat a few feet no muffler just behind the cab. Will be just turning it, and installing one of my tips which I believe are 4 inche Magnaflows.

I tinted my headlights and fogs
0406110740.jpg
and my tails
000_0136.jpg

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Truck will look pretty good once you get the painting done. Decent price for a 3/4 ton too.
I like where your exhaust tips are, thats what I am planning to do with mine just bigger tips. Hows the sound?
And a chop
repainted black. painted front bumper, and rims.
Lukeblacktruck.jpg

Is it possible for you to throw some screw on fender flares on there as well? Might aswell see it before I do it and not like it..

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Werm I like the blue, doesn't change the color of the light produced? Ifso, that's illegal gere, but thena gain the 3" straight pipe with headers on my C1500 Chevy is illegal to lol, mai thing is, it sounds awsome so the cops can kiss my ass

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Oh and I'll get a video of my truck's sound in a few days, need to get battaries. They are LOUD in the cab to,

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Whered you get them? As for the tail lights, I think I'll get the VHT spray from Autozone.

I got my headlights off eBay. I payed just under $140 shipped for the pair. As for the VHT, take it easy with the stuff. It's better to go with a few more light coats than a couple heavy ones

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
It's better to go with a few more light coats than a couple heavy ones

Learned that painting tractors, I like even fogging till it's just right

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That's the best way lol. A LOT of people have screwed up a lot of lights with that stuff by trying to get it done with one or two coats. If you do it, post up some pics. I've been thinking about doing the same to mine