New To Me 2001 Dually 3500 Flatbed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMS314

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
24v Cummins
Hi all,
Started driving a 3500 Dually Cummins with an 8' flatbed and gooseneck ball this past week. That Midwest snowstorm and a shrinking wallet forced me to sell the BMW and start driving one of my dad's company's work trucks.

The thing's basically mine to do whatever with, except it still has to be able to haul big loads of steel around Missouri once every 2 months or so.

I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd enjoy the truck that much, but after going out in that blizzard and pulling my buddies out of a couple snow drifts, I'm starting to get attached (albeit the girlfriend can't stand the dang thing).

Not really sure what to do second (first is updating the broken stereo), but my dad has a *reasonable* budget for modifications as he was about to start toying with it himself.

Just posting to introduce myself and hopefully get pointed in a direction of what to do as I'm completely unfamiliar with these trucks.

Thanks, and best to everyone else,
Joe

OP
OP
J

JMS314

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
24v Cummins
Here's a few quick pics.

More coming tomorrow when its light
_DSC0041.jpg

_DSC0043.jpg

_DSC0042.jpg

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I would upgrade the flat bed if it was me.

then add gauges, boost pyro and trans temp at least and maybe rail pressure and fuel pressure.

OP
OP
J

JMS314

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
24v Cummins
I would upgrade the flat bed if it was me.

then add gauges, boost pyro and trans temp at least and maybe rail pressure and fuel pressure.
I think the bed upgrade is on the short list, but I have to let the old man handle that one as he knows what it needs better than me. One thing I know it needs is a way to lower/remove the ball when it's not in use. I'll have to look into the gauges, thanks

I could get into some trouble driving that thing.
Thanks for the welcome, and yeah I definitely have haha. The feelings of teenage invincibility havent quite worn off yet :p

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get a B&W Turnover hitch for it. That'll solve your ball issue.

That's an interesting looking FB. Can't say as that I'm a fan of that one.
CM makes some nice looking units, but boy you'll pay for em!

As for the rest of the truck, I'd upgrade to some HID retro-projector headlights.
I guess now that I've run them, I can't really drive w/o em. Halogens are so ******!