my new 2017 CC Night Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Can't believe they put the raised white letters out on the tires. First thing I did was switch them.
I love the OWL, always have (had them on both my Jeeps), plus I think they break up too much dark on the wheels. To each their own I guess.

The DeeZee tailgate assist was cheap and works perfectly.
I'm not that happy with mine. It's noisy and the cable guard rubs so much it's breached the Mylar and will probably scratch/rust my gate in a few months.

Got rid of that hideous antenna for a black 13" Antenna X
Not a fan of the stubby or short ones, but I wouldn't mind finding a black OEM replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking truck

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Love the truck but IMHO the recover hooks destroy the look of the Sports

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's a nice truck. When I first read the title and saw "night edition" i thought it'd be another blacked out truck. That look is played out imo but yours is very nice. I'd recommend removing the vinyl from between the front/rear doors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
That's a nice truck. When I first read the title and saw "night edition" i thought it'd be another blacked out truck. That look is played out imo but yours is very nice. I'd recommend removing the vinyl from between the front/rear doors.

Thx! Ya it's got the black compliments, it's not blacked out, and it stays relatively clean. Perfect.

And thank you for the B-Piller advice. I totally overlooked that and just assumed this is what I get. Hopefully no glue residue or small pieces stick in the weatherstripping.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
great looking truck, congrats

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thx! Ya it's got the black compliments, it's not blacked out, and it stays relatively clean. Perfect.

And thank you for the B-Piller advice. I totally overlooked that and just assumed this is what I get. Hopefully no glue residue or small pieces stick in the weatherstripping.

Here's the difference with/without black door pillars. Same truck before and after upgrades and removing chrome accents and black vinyl between doors.

Attachments

• 0331171139.jpg
    0331171139.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 0504171311.jpg
    0504171311.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
love it, beautiful truck, i copied the night look with my silver reg cab, all the black accents, love the look

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck.....do like the silver with the black. Congrats!

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Here's the difference with/without black door pillars. Same truck before and after upgrades and removing chrome accents and black vinyl between doors.

Is it easy to remove the vinyl?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a fan of the stubby or short ones, but I wouldn't mind finding a black OEM replacement.

Congrats, nice looking truck, I like the silver. I have a white night, my previous Ram was silver. Might want to consider just modifying your stock antenna. I unscrewed my factory antenna, cut it down to 15" long with a hacksaw, removed the ball from cut end and put back on bottom section, then painted black. Reception is unchanged, looks much better and didn't cost a dime. Of course you cut it to whatever height you want.

sorry about the rotated pic, system did that on its own

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it easy to remove the vinyl?

I had the dealer do it. There is a you tube tutorial on how to remove it online and it didn't seem very difficult.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats, nice looking truck, I like the silver. I have a white night, my previous Ram was silver. Might want to consider just modifying your stock antenna. I unscrewed my factory antenna, cut it down to 15" long with a hacksaw, removed the ball from cut end and put back on bottom section, then painted black. Reception is unchanged, looks much better and didn't cost a dime. Of course you cut it to whatever height you want.

sorry about the rotated pic, system did that on its own

I like this. Mine rubs the bottom of the garage door upon entering/exiting the garage. How did you get the ball on the end to stay on?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ball fits tight from factory, have to pull and twist to remove. On the cut end I had to file it down some to get the ball to go on little, then tapped it down and it feels solid. You could use some gorilla glue for peace of mind. I have done this too all my trucks since 2001, never had the ball fall off.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Looks great, congrats!

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That's a nice whip almost make me wanna go back to a 1500, u guys now if there're doing this night edition in the 2500s? I just wonder if ya can remove that ram badge on tailgate an have a solid tailgate without indentions or holes

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That's a nice whip almost make me wanna go back to a 1500, u guys now if there're doing this night edition in the 2500s? I just wonder if ya can remove that ram badge on tailgate an have a solid tailgate without indentions or holes

I thought I saw something about them doing a night edition in the heavy ducty, but i'm not sure.

No you can't take the Ram off without there being holes in the tailgate.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice.
What is that truck on the lot, through the windshield pic, with the orange grill?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a red grill and it's a Power Wagon, I think those are the only RAMs with the red grills.

To the OP, Awesome looking truck, love the Silver and Black combo!!! Dang, how tall is your garage door, it must to short cuz it makes your truck look HUGE!!!!

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
To the OP, Awesome looking truck, love the Silver and Black combo!!! Dang, how tall is your garage door, it must to short cuz it makes your truck look HUGE!!!!

Thanks man. One thing I like is I haven't seen another Night on the road with my colour selection.

Garage arch caps at 7', it'll fit. Hehehe.