Ra4 vp4 / na

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@ cptwing , on the 16 RA4, how does the switching work between the backup cam and the cargo cam ?
I'm assuming the BC is the default while in Reverse.

Also ,can you turn on either of them on while at any speed , do they stay on or do the turn off after a few seconds ?
Thanks !

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@ cptwing , on the 16 RA4, how does the switching work between the backup cam and the cargo cam ?
I'm assuming the BC is the default while in Reverse.

Also ,can you turn on either of them on while at any speed , do they stay on or do the turn off after a few seconds ?
Thanks !

I have the 16 RA4 in my 14 Express and I cannot enable the backup camera in motion. It was not an option on the 2014 trucks. It is not programmed in our BCM even though the radio is capable. Blue Maze put a 16 RA4 in his 16 Express that was equipped with an RA2 from the factory and he has the option for the backup camera in motion because it was an option in 2016 and is programmed in his BCM This is a code I canmot add with my tool because it's not even an option in my BCM.

OP
OP
cptwing

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I have the 16 RA4 in my 14 Express and I cannot enable the backup camera in motion. It was not an option on the 2014 trucks. It is not programmed in our BCM even though the radio is capable. Blue Maze put a 16 RA4 in his 16 Express that was equipped with an RA2 from the factory and he has the option for the backup camera in motion because it was an option in 2016 and is programmed in his BCM This is a code I canmot add with my tool because it's not even an option in my BCM.

The OBD II boys are working on that, so somehow it must be doable.
https://www.obdgenie.com/pages/coming-soon

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Rick and Cptwing!

Cptwing good luck with your pending sale , sorry for the hijacking ...

OP
OP
cptwing

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Unfortunately I had to cancel this sale and refund 12Ram. The reason I cancelled the sale was the radio would not boot in my truck which is a 2014, it may be ok but I could not in good conscience sell this radio to anyone. There have been know issues with putting 2016 radios in prior year trucks so the radio maybe and likely is fine. I am going to investigate with Navrepair.com to see if they can shed any light on this. As part of the return I also covered all paypal fees.

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great seller really wished it would of worked out but definitely a stand up guy! Awesome communication!

Stevewcj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Let me know if you get it figured out...I have a 2015 big horn that i would love to put Nav into!

Status
Not open for further replies.