Inspection "friendly" places in Houston/Texas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

713Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered a Dynomax race muffler, which is basically a straight pipe.
And I plan on tinting my windows under 25% (legal limit in Texas).
My friend knew a place that his brother used to use and he basically would just show up get a new sticker and leave. I'm looking for a place like this, or a place that is very lenient on inspections.

If you're uncomfortable with publicly posting any shops you know of feel free to DM me.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Almost any place won't care about the muffler as long as you still have cats. Your best bet is going somewhere outside of houston city limits.

As for the tint, I'm not sure. Some places don't care outside the city. The further out the better.

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just remember that "Two steps, One sticker" law went into effect at the beginning of this month (March). So you won't get a sticker anymore as the State Inspection and registration stickers are now combined into one sticker.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You still have too have your vehicle inspected and it has to pass. The inspection station then enters the info into the computer and then when you go to get your plates they check on the computer to see when and if you passed your inspection. If they don't enter it into the computer they give you some sort of certification paper you have to take with you(or mail) to get your licence renewal
Jay

TexAg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chevron station at gessner/long point

In and out in under 5 mins.