2014 RAM sport V8 HEMI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks

I just test drove RAM 1500 Sport with Axle ratio 3.91 and it roars like a tiger. Is it normal that 3.21 does not roar and hiss like a 3.91. Because when i tried 3.21 it drove more or less like a car, no roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound when you give gas. Is this normal?

But the fun part is with 3.92, i see in dashboard it says 14.9l/100km..totally wierd.

AG

Attachments

• db.jpg
    db.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 23

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't think you can still get a factory warranty with that many miles on it. And, as someone mentioned, skip the aftermarket. They aren't worth the paper they are written on.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Crispy,

I will be most probably buying this saturday (if this passes mechanical) After that only i can see the owners manual. Well i will check online to see any pdf version.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
RE: 3.21 vs 3.91

Comeon...my wife dont drive a 1500. lol. Anyways is there definitely more torque and noise when you give the gas in 3.91 vs 3.21. 3.21 drives very soft and no noise...is this normal?

I thought all RAM should give the loud noise when we press the accelearator.

OS

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Crispy,

I will be most probably buying this saturday (if this passes mechanical) After that only i can see the owners manual. Well i will check online to see any pdf version.

there is...I have downloaded pdf versions for many years and makes to get answers on how stuff works

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone mention not being able to get the factory extended warranty because of the mileage which I believe is correct but I thought I remember hearing something about Canadian trucks not being eligible for the factory extended warranty?!?!

I could be wrong but thought I'd toss that out there.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Like we say, Minnesota has two seasons - Winter and road construction. ��

Now if people here could just learn how to do the Zipper in construction zones. No joke people here will start to form a single line a mile before the other lane is even closed ahead.

I hear you. And then you get a dude who tries to push it too far and fly by at 100, trying to squeeze in at the front when he should have "zippered" in a car or two behind that. I have a simple rule... if you're using your signal and not being an ass, sure, you (one car) can get in front of me.

We have the same two seasons here in SD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks 6.7

This truck is assembled in the United states...I chose the RAM 2014 sport 3.21 with 99.4K and put a deposit to buy provided the truck passes the mechanical inspection. So I have 600 kms before the truck goes out of warranty to find out if something is wrong with power train and take advantage of the warranty. I do hear a bit of noise in the engine and my buddy told me is not any major issue, but I booked a 85 point inspection with dodge this Saturday to find out any other issues before I make the full payment.

Any other suggestions guys?

OS

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Comeon...my wife dont drive a 1500. lol. Anyways is there definitely more torque and noise when you give the gas in 3.91 vs 3.21. 3.21 drives very soft and no noise...is this normal?

I thought all RAM should give the loud noise when we press the accelearator.

OS

I have a K&N filter I think a little increase in volume, while I try not to let my wife drive it to much ,as a gentleman I always open her door,hand her the keys and walk behind the truck as she starts it I LOVE THE SOUND OF THE HEMI WAKING UP IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRIANJ

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks

I noticed there is a noise coming from the engine, when i give gas. If i press the gas hard i can hear the noise (mostly like whistling)...but if i give slowly i dont hear the noise at the same speed. What could be the reason? any idea?

OS

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I noticed there is a noise coming from the engine, when i give gas. If i press the gas hard i can hear the noise (mostly like whistling)...but if i give slowly i dont hear the noise at the same speed. What could be the reason? any idea?

OS

Odds are it's the mechanical fan if it sounds like a roar,once the truck warms up,it should get quieter.

What part of Calgary are you in,there's a few of us on here from the area,lol.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks

Near Tuscany. Going in the local streets i cant hear any noise. Once i give gas and press the pedal hard, then i can hear the noise. But if i press it slowly and steadily, the sound is not there. I still did not purchase, but paid the deposit and taking it next wednesday after an inspection. Should i be concerned ?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Near Tuscany. Going in the local streets i cant hear any noise. Once i give gas and press the pedal hard, then i can hear the noise. But if i press it slowly and steadily, the sound is not there. I still did not purchase, but paid the deposit and taking it next wednesday after an inspection. Should i be concerned ?

The mechanical fans are noisy when the trucks are cold,if the noise dimishes after the truck has warmed up,it's nothing to worry about,if it's still loud after full warm-up then it'll be something you'll want to mention to your mechanic doing the inspection,and see if he thinks you should be worried about the noise. I'm in Airdrie,Charonblk is in the north end of the city,Hemmisary is also in the city,Tach Tech with the whipple blown truck is in Lethbridge,Grizzstang is also Calgary based,there's a few more local guys on here that I've missed.There's a ****load of facebook pages that are fairly local to.
Rick

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Well is not loud but i can hear the whistling noise even after driving for 1 hour...it happens only when i press the gas hardly (Ex: if am driving at 40 and trying to speed up to 80 and give gas, i hear that noise). But if i press gradually and the truck goes from 40 to 100 slowly and steadily, i cant hear that noise. Not sure what it could be. I checked with a colleague (An aircraft technician) and he took it for a drive and mentioned is nothing to worry about and i put the deposit on subjected to pasing mechanical inspection in dodge dealer.

OS

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
So as per these forum and experienced guys, am deciding not to buy any warranty from the dealer. Should i be concerned of any electronics inside the car? It looks like the whole inside is full of electrical and electronics... Did you guys had any issues in 2014 models?

OS

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The electronics is one of my main reasons for an extended warranty.

Also...as stated earlier..make sure that its a Max Care (Factory warranty) and not some aftermarket company.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Well can you explain abit more? Is Maxcare given by Chrysler? what if they give me some other warranty, should i take it?

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fact that it is currently reading KM's indicates to me that it was a Canadian vehicle. that said you worn't get ANY factory warranty from my understanding. The vehicle is not a bad one, but don't expect and FCA support at any time for anything.

A warranty has to balanced against your intended length of ownership as well. I recently purchased a CPO '14 from a local dealer that I intend to keep indefinitely and for that reason I sprang for the FCA LIFETIME warranty. I don't recall the limitations when I bought it, but it covers everything, bumper to bumper, for as long as I own the truck, expendables excluded (tires, wiper blamesbulbs, etc) Given that I had my previous '01 Dakota until this last summer and that the '14 is registered in my and my wife names, the warranty will live on until the last of us passes on, something you need to keep in mind as you find 70 years of age so close you can touch it!

And as has been said, any outside warranty is essentially useless. The limitations and restrictions not to mention deductibles, can make you cry.

Of course if you are in Canada, things may be different. I thought I saw something indicating you are in the US, but checking your sig and profile I guess I was mistaken.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well is not loud but i can hear the whistling noise even after driving for 1 hour...it happens only when i press the gas hardly (Ex: if am driving at 40 and trying to speed up to 80 and give gas, i hear that noise). But if i press gradually and the truck goes from 40 to 100 slowly and steadily, i cant hear that noise. Not sure what it could be. I checked with a colleague (An aircraft technician) and he took it for a drive and mentioned is nothing to worry about and i put the deposit on subjected to pasing mechanical inspection in dodge dealer.

OS

Check and see if the prior owner might have installed a Throttle Body spacer.It'll be a spacer between the TB and the intake manifold.They are notorious for making a whistling noise.