2015 with vibration; floor, gas pedal, steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaginMad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Anybody else with a 4x4 have a vibration in the steering, floor, and accelerator pedal? It's not related to the MDS because I get it in both ERS (electronic range select) and tow/haul modes. Vibrates while accelerating up to 2000rpm and continues to vibrate at random speeds and RPMs thereafter.

This is what I have found out so far:
The vibration seems to be caused by the motor and front differential sharing the same mounts on both sides of the motor. Vibrations from the motor merge with vibrations from the front differential and are transferred to the wheel/hub assemblies via the CV shafts. From there they are transferred thru the steering shaft and cab mount bushings into the floorboard, accelerator pedal, and steering wheel.
Try this; Start your truck, leave it in park, leave it idleing, crawl under and grab your CV shafts, they will both have an aggressive vibration even at an idle. Both shafts have a nasty vibration but the passenger side seems to be a tad worse on my truck.
If it does this at idle, imagine what happens throughout the rpm range.
Also on the back side of the differential there are 2 brackets, one mounted on top of the other, they are mounted from engine to diff and diff to transmission, they are rigid mounted with no vibration damper or rubber between the mounting points.
I also think some of the 2000 rpm vibration is caused by exhaust resonance vibrating the floorboard.

braindead0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hugenormous
Take it back to the dealer. My 2015 4x4 is smooth as butter at all RPM's, sounds like something isn't right...

How many miles?

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
I've had the 2000 RPM vibration in my '13 since day one. It's really the only annoying thing about my truck. I'm finally going to have the dealership look into a little more during my next oil change. I'm guessing there's nothing they can really do for it, since it's been discussed on other Ram forums, with no absolute fix mentioned. It is more pronounced when traveling up a slight upgrade in elevation (keeping in the 1800-2000 RPM range).

OP
OP
R

RaginMad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Take it back to the dealer. My 2015 4x4 is smooth as butter at all RPM's, sounds like something isn't right...

How many miles?

3000 miles. Brought it in once and they immediately blamed it on road force balance and then told me, oh by the way we don't have that balancer.
I said, it vibrates in park at idle and they told me I need to get it road force balanced before they will diagnose any further. Crazy

braindead0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hugenormous
3000 miles. Brought it in once and they immediately blamed it on road force balance and then told me, oh by the way we don't have that balancer.
I said, it vibrates in park at idle and they told me I need to get it road force balanced before they will diagnose any further. Crazy
Wow.. I'd suggest trying another dealer, and keeping good notes about when you went and what you were told.

Unless the vibration is so bad that a reasonable person would consider it a problem (reasonable person meaning random joe on a jury) you may be out of luck. As someone who is very sensitive to things like this (vibrations/noises/etc...) I know how annoying it can be...

OP
OP
R

RaginMad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Wow.. I'd suggest trying another dealer, and keeping good notes about when you went and what you were told.

Unless the vibration is so bad that a reasonable person would consider it a problem (reasonable person meaning random joe on a jury) you may be out of luck. As someone who is very sensitive to things like this (vibrations/noises/etc...) I know how annoying it can be...

Have an appt coming up at another dealership, hopefully the results are better than what I received at the purchasing dealership.

braindead0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hugenormous
Good luck.. mine only has about 700 miles so far.. I sure hope it doesn't start vibrating....

John94z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My new 2015 is doing this too and man it is annoying as hell. This is the first thread I looked into to see what everyone is saying. Sounds like I'm not alone. The area I am in has a backlog for service so idk when I'd be able to have it looked into. They need another ram dealer here or at least expand the service center to deal with the population. Please keep us updated with your findings.

ghamden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has a vibration in the rear at highway speeds sometimes severe My Selling dealer to incompetent and to arrogant to diagnose .

2nd trip they verified vibration but said they didn't know i wanted it fixed

8400 mi have an appointment to today with another Dealer Ram suggested,

Hopefully they can help rectify this issue

As for my Selling Dealer good place to buy but Most definitely Avoid Ramey Auto in Princeton WV for any service issues.

ghamden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has a vibration in the rear at highway speeds sometimes severe My Selling dealer to incompetent and to arrogant to diagnose .

2nd trip they verified vibration but said they didn't know i wanted it fixed

8400 mi have an appointment to today with another Dealer Ram suggested,

Hopefully they can help rectify this issue

As for my Selling Dealer good place to buy but Most definitely Avoid Ramey Auto in Princeton WV for any service issues.

What a difference in Dealers Sheets Ram Beckley WV a joy to deal with they verified my tires are the issue.

They referred me to Goodyear but now the stick Goodyear says i have to go back to selling dealer because tires have less than 10000 miles.

So Ram is acting as go between to assure they fix the issue once and for all.

I can only hope ...

OP
OP
R

RaginMad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My new 2015 is doing this too and man it is annoying as hell. This is the first thread I looked into to see what everyone is saying. Sounds like I'm not alone. The area I am in has a backlog for service so idk when I'd be able to have it looked into. They need another ram dealer here or at least expand the service center to deal with the population. Please keep us updated with your findings.

Did you get it into the service dept yet? Any new info?
In addition to my original post, I also believe some of the vibration is coming from the torque converter and entering the floorboard via the cab mount bushings.
This vibration is very annoying, sad because it makes me want get rid of the truck because of a stupid vibration in the floorboard and gas pedal that the dealerships want to ignore as normal characteristic of the vehicle.

ghamden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Service Manager at my selling dealer is out till Friday Dealer wont approve tire replacement without his ok..

Which sounds Like BS because it is a warranty issue Tire Manufacturer authorized new tires Ram has no issue with tire replacement ...

Rams biggest issue is bad service departments ,,, in your case they weren't back logged when they sold the Truck call Ram Customer Service they actually care. 1-866-726-4636
I believe they are beginning to realize if they don't improve Service at the dealers their turn around is going to be short Lived to many quality options available From Ford Toyota and GM.

Vibrations are a defect not a Feature... unless you have very aggressive tires then it is a side affect.

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please keep us updated! Im havig this same issue after gettimg new wheels and tires.the vibration seem to get worse at higher speeds (50-60mph). My tires are Goodyears as well, i wonder if its a brand-wide problem?

ghamden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dealer has ordered replacement set of tires should be here next week ...
Hope this truly resolves my issue.

John94z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did you get it into the service dept yet? Any new info?
In addition to my original post, I also believe some of the vibration is coming from the torque converter and entering the floorboard via the cab mount bushings.
This vibration is very annoying, sad because it makes me want get rid of the truck because of a stupid vibration in the floorboard and gas pedal that the dealerships want to ignore as normal characteristic of the vehicle.
No unfourtionately I haven't had a chance to get down there. I can't even get them to answer the phone....

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Is this only happening on the 4x4's? My 2wd is beyond smooth all the way through the power band. My 2014 4x4 was also silky smooth.

John94z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is this only happening on the 4x4's? My 2wd is beyond smooth all the way through the power band. My 2014 4x4 was also silky smooth.

What tires are you running? I know they are prob stock but what model and size. Some think it may be an issue with the tires.

Mine is a 4x4

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Oh ****...

I bought a 2015 4x4 Sport on Friday night... Took it for a drive on Saturday and ~50 - 70 the thing shakes something terrible. Worse when you let off the gas and coast.

Could it be a transmission thing?

John94z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No one knows we are collectively trying to come up with solutions through our ram service centers. Take that baby into the shop! Keep us updated. I'm going down to my local stealership tomm