Anyone's low beam headlight connector burn up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brex71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My left low beam bulb connection burnt up, melted looks like it was on fire. I did a search on YouTube and I'm not the only one. I called RAM to report and the operator said I am the first person to report this?

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What trim level (if it matters)? I have a '14 Sport. No issues, with a Retroshop HID kit installed.

raposak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 12 mega and my passenger side had so much oxidation on the connector that it wouldn't work. I have to replace the connection.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
..........I called RAM to report and the operator said I am the first person to report this?

That is always the pat answer that you are always the first they hear of it at either the dealership or corporate level even though they know it is not. To admit otherwise puts them in a position of responsibility they do not wish to assume.

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Happened to my 2011 a couple months ago. Just as you described. Also had some headlight circuit dtc's stored, likely from whatever happened