Best OBD II App for iphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I finally got a OBD II reader from Amazon - the Veepeak. It works pretty slick so far. I downloaded Dash Command for $10 on my iphone and have been generally pretty happy with all of the information it provides. In fact, some of it is way beyond my needs such as o2 sensors, MAF readings, etc.

Do any of you have suggestions for other iphone apps that work better or differently than Dash Command?

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not familiar with dash command, but I'm a big fan of the "Torque" app.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I finally got a OBD II reader from Amazon - the Veepeak. It works pretty slick so far. I downloaded Dash Command for $10 on my iphone and have been generally pretty happy with all of the information it provides. In fact, some of it is way beyond my needs such as o2 sensors, MAF readings, etc.

Do any of you have suggestions for other iphone apps that work better or differently than Dash Command?
Torque.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Torque has a crazy amount of add ons, including overlays for track days that will plot you on a map with GPS, speed, RPM. Its a neat tool.

OP
OP
Quint

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
Sounds the same as Dash Command. It would be great to know if anyone has ever done a side-by-side comparison.

It has been fun having this thing tell me how many G's my truck is pulling upon acceleration. Cool stuff!

15BLACKRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was using the Torque app with an older bluetooth obdII reader on my 15.. and after about an hour it started freaking the ecm out.. was getting error codes about the rotary shifter needing to be replaced, and to contact dealer asap, wouldn't shift right, and gauges were tweaking.. removed the reader, and all the problems went away. been leary of using another one..