Beyond angry...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
So I recently purchased a 2014 tradesman from a dealer about a hour from me. I spent a week waiting for them to finish up their inspection and detailing. Truck got stuck in collision due to a small dent in the rear bumper for a few days. Finally got the call that it was ready to pick up. I drove the hour out there and had to wait around because they weren't finished detailing. The detail job was suppose to be done a week ago. Anyways I test drove it with the seats still wet (armor-all'd floor mats and all....) and was very pleased. Truck was in great condition and was a fairly good deal. Because it's a Canadian truck the warranty is void but they offered me a free power train warranty for a few months.

So long story short I'm thrilled with my new truck. Salesman was pretty good and it was a reputable dealer. Drive home and transfer all my crap over and decide to measure the bed so I can get a tonneau cover.....in the moonlight I catch what's in the photo below.....never once thought to check the roof.....

How the inspection guys, salesman, and detailers missed this is beyond me. So I send a text to the salesman and was basically ignored. I'am not happy at all right now. I was so preoccupied inspecting the mechanical stuff (I'm a mechanic) that I overlooked this. So let's see if Cawood Honda will make it right. I know I bought it, my problem. But seriously how does this get missed and not even mentioned. 28f1961ca5554e433d9968082e8dd02e.jpgf289bdae6e641c2d5cd504e651e4f4de.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Youch...that isn't good...at all. Hope you get it worked out.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oh ****!!! Id drive it right back. That's unacceptable.

I read your post before looking at the photos. I told myself, its probably a little ding/scratch. But no, looks like a plane tagged your truck while landing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks- Keep us posted..

Juice Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow! Looks like someone was hauling a dresser on top of the truck instead of using the bed. At least they can't say you did it. Obvious dated scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heck, I bought mine new in 2014 and I still don't think I've ever seen the roof of the cab. I can see how it could be easily missed. Is it a scuff or is it a scratch??? Looks like someone couldn't quite make it in to their garage.... hopefully they will help you out with it and do something.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That looks like parking garage clearance damage.
One of the the reasons I've kept the stock antenna is its an early warning indicator of impending oh-sh*t!

I bet your Honda dealer took it in trade and didn't notice, or more likely his parking lot did the damage since I don't see any rust.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One of the the reasons I've kept the stock antenna is its an early warning indicator of impending oh-sh*t!

I bet your Honda dealer took it in trade and didn't notice, or more likely his parking lot did the damage since I don't see any rust.

x2...

OP What is your return period? Do you still have time to return it?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As much as this sucks its pretty much buyer beware when purchasing a used vehicle. IF the dealer come through and fixes it its them doing a good deed for you and not because they have to. I'd be willing to bet there was some sort of window sticker or in your paper work that they told you are buying as is, no warranty (i believe its against the law for them not to).

More than likely they had no clue it was there. A detail guy only washes it. its not a true detail like you would get else where.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As much as this sucks its pretty much buyer beware when purchasing a used vehicle. IF the dealer come through and fixes it its them doing a good deed for you and not because they have to. I'd be willing to bet there was some sort of window sticker or in your paper work that they told you are buying as is, no warranty (i believe its against the law for them not to).

More than likely they had no clue it was there. A detail guy only washes it. its not a true detail like you would get else where.

I agree. He said it is a Canadian truck so there is no warranty. Buy at your own risk but hopefully they'll make it right.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you plan to keep it a while, I'd ask them to repaint it (doing a thorough job) ....and see if you can get them to throw in a bed cover for skipping any dent repair. Or at least knock the price down on a new bed cover in lieu of dent repair (just paint repair).

Reason I say this is because, I used to work in a shop for years and most likely they are just going to go the quick and less costly route and fill the dents with bondo anyway which will eventually crack and lead to larger problems (the truck being a black in color and a HOT roof where the metal expands/contracts a lot, and body filler holds water like a sponge). It would be a lot less technician time skipping the dent repair and they'd save a bunch of shop dollars if it was just a simple paint repair job ....and if they'll work with you you could (potentially) save a bunch on the bed cover you want anyway -- assuming they'll work with you. In the end, you or anybody else won't be able to see the small dent up there, and by the time you go to sell or trade it in, the paint will be somewhat less shiny, the little dent a lot less visible and shouldn't take away from the trade-in value they'll probably offer you. By that time there's a strong chance there'll be at least a few other small dings and dents more visible on the truck that'll catch their eye.

But if you plan to keep it just a couple years and trade up, then you probably should have them make it look like new removing the dents ..making sure they 'actually' pull the dent out as best they can and not just slap some bondo in that hole.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought mine I had 3 days to return it no questions asked if I didn't like it, it was dealership policy. That was a ram dealership. Check and see if you can return it. Don't dilly dally

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Or likely transport truck damage, which is possibly why there's also bumper damage. Transporter either didn't drive into/outof the trailer carefully enough tagging the upper rack, the truck wasn't secured down enough, or truck was on upper rack and skimmed a low hanging overpass or sign.

@Fletch125, they probably missed it for the same reason you did, nobody TOLD them, or nobody noticed.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh wow, you've got me wanting to look at my roof for the first time and I've owned it for a year now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My last truck, there were scratches in the paint on the roof (down to primer, not metal).

I didn't notice if for years, until I was walking in the bed loading it up one day.

It is very easy to never notice this stuff.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
most states have a buyers remorse.