First problem with the 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
As you guys know I bought my cummins earlier this month in Dallas, TX. I was given a full tank of fuel upon the purchase (AWESOME). Shortly there after I had to drive back to my base in Las Vegas, NV. I hit the road to Vegas, once I got to about 1/4 tank around Wia Falls and decided to fill up.

I placed the fuel handle into the gas tank like you usually would (about 4" into the hole), it started to pump and then shut off almost instantly. I wiggled it around and eventually got it to work when I had the fuel handle all the way back and barely in the tank. I also had to use the slowest setting.
It was like this at every pump I've used. Loves, Pilot, Shell, and I even tried using the big rig pumps

This isn't typical is it?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I didnt think it was a problem with diesels but I have heard a few others having a similar problem that also resulted in over flowing tanks because the pump didnt shut off like it was supposed to

I think its a problem with the venting in the tank but I'm sure someone else could give you more details

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Definite problem with the venting in the tank. My old f350 work truck got so it'd do that after multiple times of it being dogged through the mud and lease roads. Mud clogging it up was that excuse. No excuse for a new truck to do it.

eryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
Definite problem with the venting in the tank. My old f350 work truck got so it'd do that after multiple times of it being dogged through the mud and lease roads. Mud clogging it up was that excuse. No excuse for a new truck to do it.

how do we fix this because my 01 ram is having this problem and now its throwing an evap code and i believe its because of this

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007