Hidden features?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sirwankel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what about tapping your turn signal up or down just before it clicks and your signal will blink 3 times and stop. I like it for lane changes or merging.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
DMClone has been watching too many Bond films.

Fog lights aren't automatic like in most trucks. You need to push your light button for on and off fogs. I didn't even know that my bench seat was also a storage until about 6 months of driving it. I kind of hope to find a couple more hidden gems so i'm subscribed to this thread.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
These are not really hidden but in evic you can change a lot of cool things a couple really nice ones are tilt mirrors in reverse and hill start assist. I love that the factory remote start chooses the correct climate control settings no matter what you had set when you jumped out including the seat Warmers and steering wheel heat.

$miley

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I found the other day if you unlock your truck with the factory fob then press and hold the unlock button it will roll you front windows down

Should my 2009 do that?

wow. That's awesome!!!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've got close to 7,000 miles on my truck now and I'm still finding stuff that they don't have written in the manual. This thread helped me find several things, awesome info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what about tapping your turn signal up or down just before it clicks and your signal will blink 3 times and stop. I like it for lane changes or merging.

Would be nice if it was 5 or 6 flashes, not three. The three you get come way too fast for a safe lane change.

And what does the center button on the drivers side of the steering wheel do ? (between the up & down buttons on the back side) ?

shipmasta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I had my truck for about a year before my wife figured this one out. The visors extend out. I always complained that they were not long enough when using them to block the sun on the side windows. We were driving one day and found that they extend.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
.....And what does the center button on the drivers side of the steering wheel do ? (between the up & down buttons on the back side) ?

That button moves you through your station presets for radio or sirius.

OP
OP
dmclone

dmclone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are not really hidden but in evic you can change a lot of cool things a couple really nice ones are tilt mirrors in reverse and hill start assist. I love that the factory remote start chooses the correct climate control settings no matter what you had set when you jumped out including the seat Warmers and steering wheel heat.

$miley

I can't find the mirrors in reverse feature so I assume I don't have it?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

$miley

Guess that doesn't include aftermarket remote start?

Got the windows to work with the un-lock feature. AWESOME!!!

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just found out the sun visors slide over (extend) in the side window position. Only took three months before I had the need to shade that little gap of sun in my eyes and ...tada... there she was. Nice when things like that happen.

Gtsum27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
my 13 laramie wont do the windows with the fob unless I am doing it wrong? I didnt realize the middle button on back side of steering wheel went through the presets..nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There should be a button in the middle of the other side of the steering wheel too. This switches you from FM to AM to AUX to IPOD to CD...or whatever you have plugged in at the time.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my 13 laramie wont do the windows with the fob unless I am doing it wrong? I didnt realize the middle button on back side of steering wheel went through the presets..nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

09 was the last year for that....too many people were rolling down their windows unintentionally (think butt dialing) with the keys in their pockets and coming out to leave and finding them down, sometimes in the rain.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That button moves you through your station presets for radio or sirius.

Damn mine must be broken. I have all my presets on XM and all the other bands set but that button doesn't do anything in my truck. Tried it earlier today after re-reading this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Has anyone found anything in the '13 Express? The only thing I've found is I can control my iPod from the knobs when it's hooked up to the USB. Are there any secret compartments other than under the back seat, or electronic secrets?