Keeping truck in neutral when not running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to know the best way to keep my truck in neutral when I turn off the enging with the 8 speed transmission.
In the next couple of weeks I plan to replace the open rear differential with a limited slip differential, and want to keep it in neutral so I can turn the yoke without removing the drive shaft. Thanks

ETHIKILL2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I'll assume you have rotary shifter: There's a orange strap under dash to manually take transmission out of park in the event of a power loss or malfunction. It should be above the E-brake release handle.

Also, would shifting the t-case into neutral work?

OP
OP
Ram Night

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll assume you have rotary shifter: There's a orange strap under dash to manually take transmission out of park in the event of a power loss or malfunction. It should be above the E-brake release handle.

Also, would shifting the t-case into neutral work?

Thanks for the reply. I do have the rotary shifter, and I could not find any orange strap, but when Pushing the neutral button, the truck would roll even when the selector is in park. So I should be good to go. Thanks for the reply.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. I do have the rotary shifter, and I could not find any orange strap, but when Pushing the neutral button, the truck would roll even when the selector is in park. So I should be good to go. Thanks for the reply.

It's behind the lower dash plate on the left side of the steering wheel.... look in your owners manual under "getting towed" or something like that.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQ2LTCh2R8