No Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a fun feeling when you push the brake pedal and nothing is there. Truck box was loaded with construction tools and was pulling an empty trailer when this occurred, luckily i was on a lightly traveled road and was able to engine brake it by downshifting and no one was hurt or any damage done. Rear passenger line had been worn through by the tire and fluid was everywhere. truck has 6600 miles on it. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Thinking of putting zip ties on to pull them a little further away from the tires. I do have a 4" lift and 35-12.50 tires on it.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Wow, that would be scary!! Good to hear everyone/everything is okay. I've never had that happen to me personally, but I'm sure someone will chime in soon with some tips!

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't heard of this, but glad everyone's safe and only minor damage. Are you running factory wheels with the 35s? Back spacing might be a minor issue with that wide tire. Have you checked the other brake line to make sure it has enough clearance?

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i think u might have popped a brake line harness when it was lifted. i would just check them ALL. brakes are important haha

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
wow that's scary, yea i would think something happened during the install of the lift

OP
OP
B

Banger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running Moto Metal wheels and everything has been on since picking up the truck new from the dealer. Lift and all other acc. were installed by the dealer. I had them check the lines and they say they are fine where they are and I should be running 40 PSI in the tires. The harness was in place on the bad line so not sure what happened maybe some road debris. I have about 1"of space between the line and the tire.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Holy crap that's scary as hell. Like you said maybe pull the brake lines out of the way, and also upgrade them to braided. Instead of a zip tie, I would go with a rubber grommeted line with a metal cable, so you wont have to worry about it breaking. That's what we use on aircraft, and THEY DON'T BREAK, EVER.