Real Spare Tire (20" Wheel) Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So what about us 20" rim guys? We still get a 17" spare. What do we do when we get a flat? put it on the front? I can only imagine this destroying my diff.
Math/geometry question for you.

If you have a 15" rim with a 35" tire...sitting beside a 22" rim with a 35" tire..

Which one has the larger diameter?

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Math/geometry question for you.

If you have a 15" rim with a 35" tire...sitting beside a 22" rim with a 35" tire..

Which one has the larger diameter?
Wait... 20's have the same diameter as the 17's? I thought the tires were way shorter on the 17's... Well I feel dumb now..

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wait... 20's have the same diameter as the 17's? I thought the tires were way shorter on the 17's... Well I feel dumb now..
They give you a different tire on the spare that is a little "taller" to make up the difference in wheel size.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol is that you? How in the fk does that happen?

Imagining something came apart or flew up? Or trying to shave with the wrong tool.

I'm guessing a cut off wheel came apart. Which has happened to me a couple times and it'll scare the **** of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Real Spare Tire (20" Wheel) Woes

Lol is that you? How in the fk does that happen?

Imagining something came apart or flew up? Or trying to shave with the wrong tool.

Cutting a weld on a seat lug over an elevator shaft to weld on a new one. Face shield kept getting in the damn way, one hand for the tool, one hand for myself.....the rest , well you can see how that went. Sometimes those things kick like a mule...also I'm lefty in a right handed world.....

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Cutting a weld on a seat lug over an elevator shaft to weld on a new one. Face shield kept getting in the damn way, one hand for the tool, one hand for myself.....the rest , well you can see how that went. Sometimes those things kick like a mule...also I'm lefty in a right handed world.....
I feel your pain, I don't have the shield on my grinder either. I wear safety glasses but that's it. I really shouldn't use it without the shield, but it seems to always be in the way!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk