Sometimes I want.... To punch people!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Just be happy you didn't get hurt.
Things can be repaired or replaced, people not so much.

Sorry to hear about your accident. it truly does s*ck.

MADDOG:
quit showing that picture around....it makes me CRINGE!

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was rear ended once, got it fixed, then about 4 weeks later was rear ended again. Talk about pissed.... SMH

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I was rear ended once, got it fixed, then about 4 weeks later was rear ended again. Talk about pissed.... SMH

im getting close to my 4 week mark, done gimme bad thoughts, how bad was yours?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Defecation occurs...this just happened to me last week:

I was beyond wanting to punch the dipstick who ran the light. :(

OUCH!!!!! That's one serious hit...

Been seeing too many of these wreck posts... Sucks to see the effects of Idiots on the road...

FYI, illegal in some states and providences (Illinois, Alberta) and others (California) may claim it blocks the license plate giving cause for a ticket.
]

Its not as much for the plate but for CA vehicle code 28071, that in basic terms requires the "bumper" to be the first point of contact in an accident and the hitch prevents that....

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
This is the worst, hate to see someones truck in this kind of shape

Makes me want to get some hardcore steel after market bumpers

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How About Dodge Tough ?? :)

IMG_20160927_100448_zps6scd6eeb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Racer_X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did the other object look like? That Durango looks well done.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did the other object look like? That Durango looks well done.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It took on a utility pole (sheared it right off) and tried to take on the ground as it flipped twice, but Dodge Tough is when the driver crawled out of the shattered window while upside down and was unhurt !! I call that the definition of tough and challenge any other brand SUV to be able to match it :)

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OUCH!!!!! That's one serious hit...

Been seeing too many of these wreck posts... Sucks to see the effects of Idiots on the road...

Its not as much for the plate but for CA vehicle code 28071, that in basic terms requires the "bumper" to be the first point of contact in an accident and the hitch prevents that....

Guess driving around with the tailgate down is illegal too ??

or with a long load that sticks out past the bumper ??

Some laws just don't make sense......more stuff to absorb the impact & damage between you & the other vehicle means it's better in my eyes..............

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi

all these years, I've been a scofflaw. Didn't realize that was a CA law. Oh well, no sense complying now...

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Guess driving around with the tailgate down is illegal too ??

or with a long load that sticks out past the bumper ??

Some laws just don't make sense......more stuff to absorb the impact & damage between you & the other vehicle means it's better in my eyes..............

I believe CA allows 2 feet past the edge of the tail gate. could be wrong. just need a flag at the end.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ca VC 24604: 4' and beyond requires a flag load that is. Unloaded its a ticketable offense if you met a real a-hole cop. Width regs is 102 in and can be restricted to 96 in cities depending on the city... unless your hauling hay then its 120".... I used to haul hay all the time and got to know the DOT well till they all knew it was me who drove the rig. That knowledge also got me in and out of trouble with a local ranch cordova DOT thatvwas hassling me about my mirrors being flipped out in my 07.... recited the VC to him that said i was in complience and told him to **** off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ca VC 24604: 4' and beyond requires a flag load that is. Unloaded its a ticketable offense if you met a real a-hole cop. Width regs is 102 in and can be restricted to 96 in cities depending on the city... unless your hauling hay then its 120".... I used to haul hay all the time and got to know the DOT well till they all knew it was me who drove the rig. That knowledge also got me in and out of trouble with a local ranch cordova DOT thatvwas hassling me about my mirrors being flipped out in my 07.... recited the VC to him that said i was in complience and told him to **** off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WAIT A MINUTE, they wanted to write you a ticket for your mirrors being flipped up, are you freaking kidding me, ive said it for many years and i just keep finding more reasons for saying it, and im sorry for whoever it offends but my god California sucks!

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
VEHICLE CODE - VEH
DIVISION 12. EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES [24000 - 28150] ( Division 12 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )
CHAPTER 5. Other Equipment [27000 - 28160] ( Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

ARTICLE 11.5. Bumpers [28070 - 28071] ( Heading of Article 11.5 renumbered from Article 11 by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1079. )

Every passenger vehicle registered in this state shall be equipped with a front bumper and with a rear bumper. As used in this section, “bumper” means any device designed and intended by a manufacturer to prevent the front or rear of the body of the vehicle from coming into contact with any other motor vehicle. This section shall not apply to any passenger vehicle that is required to be equipped with an energy absorption system pursuant to either state or federal law, or to any passenger vehicle which was not equipped with a front or rear bumper, or both, at the time that it was first sold and registered under the laws of this or any other state or foreign jurisdiction.

Nothing about the bumper making first contact. Hitch left in receiver being illegal is a myth. Only a problem if it obscures the license plate.

I live in Washington state and this is what I've learned...

There’s no law in Washington or any other state that specifically requires removing a ball trailer hitch when not in use.

A couple of Illinois legislators tried in 2009 and 2011 to require unused ball hitches that extend more than 4 inches past the rear bumper to be removed or covered with a red cover, but the effort didn’t get enough support to pass.

Washington does have laws that could indirectly make removing the ball necessary. If the ball is located directly in front of the license plate, it could obscure part of the plate, which is a civil infraction.

RCW 46.16A. 200(5) requires that vehicle license plates be kept clean, plainly visible and unobstructed at all times. RCW46.16A (7) makes it unlawful to use holders, frames or other materials that change, alter or make a license plate or plates illegible.

Most states have similar Regs.

State courts have found that those “other materials” include trailer ball hitches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WAIT A MINUTE, they wanted to write you a ticket for your mirrors being flipped up, are you freaking kidding me, ive said it for many years and i just keep finding more reasons for saying it, and im sorry for whoever it offends but my god California sucks!

I agree, its getting all bad here... But he didn't even pull me over, was a bike COP and pulled aside me and started yelling at me about them... I knew the VC already from other stuff I was recently setting up at the farm at that time and knew he was full of it... We went back and forth at 75mph and I finally just said then pull me over and site me or **** off. rolled up the window and drove on.... he drove past me with a pissed off disgusted look on his face....

VEHICLE CODE - VEH
DIVISION 12. EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES [24000 - 28150] ( Division 12 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )
CHAPTER 5. Other Equipment [27000 - 28160] ( Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

ARTICLE 11.5. Bumpers [28070 - 28071] ( Heading of Article 11.5 renumbered from Article 11 by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1079. )

Nothing about the bumper making first contact. Hitch left in receiver being illegal is a myth. Only a problem if it obscures the license plate.

Its not about what it "says" exactly but how it is interpreted just like many laws. Laws don't bet so specific all the time that says you cant eat a ******* and scratch your nuts while drinking a Dr. Pepper.. they are more broad and interpreted in such a way by some law enforcement and code enforcement that they issue tickets.... You then get to go argue your interpretion of that law to the judge and he either says yep or nope pay the fine....

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'd have no problem taking it to a judge if a LEO made that bad of an interpretation of a law. BTDT with a bad call made by a cop. The judge agreed with me. When you're right, you're right (most of the time, at least)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990