Custom panhard bar... made with all the good stuff! ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I put my own panhard bar together:

(1) 30" x 1 1/8" thick swedged chromoly tube, threaded 3/4"-16

(2) 3/4" chromoly Heim joints with injection molded Kevlar/Teflon lining

(2) 3/4" steel jam nuts

(4) spacers that I cut 2 shorter and 2 longer, so I could move the bar away from the MagHytec diff cover.

The parts are obviously completely over-engineered for my purposes, but that is just what I like about them. The Heim joints and tubing was rated for "1,000 horsepower applications" lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20150630_184437.jpg
    IMG_20150630_184437.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20150630_184515.jpg
    IMG_20150630_184515.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20150630_184650.jpg
    IMG_20150630_184650.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20150630_184726.jpg
    IMG_20150630_184726.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For some reason I thought that was a shower towel bar lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope she doesn't slip out of the shower and hope to grab on the missing bar :roflsquared:

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David I love all the thoughtful things you do to your truck. However, its time to step up to the big leagues. Custom headlights. I challenge you to take the duals you have now and build you a set of custom retrofitted lights with your own custom dR look! I think it would be sweet!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope she doesn't slip out of the shower and hope to grab on the missing bar :roflsquared:

Some days I wish she would... I'm kidding, I'm kidding (not really) :roflsquared:

David I love all the thoughtful things you do to your truck. However, its time to step up to the big leagues. Custom headlights. I challenge you to take the duals you have now and build you a set of custom retrofitted lights with your own custom dR look! I think it would be sweet!

Thanks man! You don't dig my ebay specials?! Lol! Honestly, my headlights have nothing to do with not wanting to spend the money... I like the headlights to blend in to the design of the vehicle and NOT stand out, that is my personal taste. But who know I met change my mind on that, too! :naughty:

As usual, nice job. Your mods are always the highest quality.

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate that! :favorites13:

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man! You don't dig my ebay specials?! Lol! Honestly, my headlights have nothing to do with not wanting to spend the money... I like the headlights to blend in to the design of the vehicle and NOT stand out, that is my personal taste. But who know I met change my mind on that, too! :naughty::

I actually do like those lights a lot. They look like a simple street fighter look. I just think that with everything else on your truck, and all the custom things you do, that headlights would be a logical and big addition to it. I mean you have kinda taken the RCSB crown after Unbroken dropped the mic and went diesel. I'm expecting big things from you.:favorites13:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually do like those lights a lot. They look like a simple street fighter look. I just think that with everything else on your truck, and all the custom things you do, that headlights would be a logical and big addition to it. I mean you have kinda taken the RCSB crown after Unbroken dropped the mic and went diesel. I'm expecting big things from you.:favorites13:

Thanks! Well that's good to hear cuz the street fighter look is exactly my style! :)

But my truck can't hold a candle to Unbroken's and I often think about his truck with regret that I didn't buy it... :emotions122:

Last edited:

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Well that's good to hear cuz the street fighter look is exactly my style! :)

But my truck can't hold a candle to Unborken's and I often think about his truck with regret that I didn't buy it... :emotions122:

Yah his was badass. I bought mine and the week after I see his for sale. I was kicking myself, but its nice, (especially you being a designer) to start with a blank canvas. Now think of some damn headlight ideas! Just kidding. But really.:roflsquared:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yah his was badass. I bought mine and the week after I see his for sale. I was kicking myself, but its nice, (especially you being a designer) to start with a blank canvas. Now think of some damn headlight ideas! Just kidding. But really.:roflsquared:

Aye aye Sir!

And here a pic in fond memory of...

Attachments

• Unbroken1.jpg
    Unbroken1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 81

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
REALLY nice job, David. I love that you took it into your own hands to develop something 110% of what you need, which is sometimes just what you need :naughty:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
REALLY nice job, David. I love that you took it into your own hands to develop something 110% of what you need, which is sometimes just what you need :naughty:

Thanks man!!! I figured these parts are rated for 1,000 hp soooooo I have a little room to upgrade yet, lol. :favorites13:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great... where did you source your parts? and how is the clearance on the diff cover to the bar? just curious

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great... where did you source your parts? and how is the clearance on the diff cover to the bar? just curious

Thanks man!

Now that I made the spacers different lengths, I can almost fit a finger between the bar and diff cover. Which is more than enough because there really isn't any movement between them where they would hit. Before my Spohn bar was like 1/8" which also wasn't a problem necessarily, but I figured if I can make the gap a little wider with the custom one, why not. Keep in mind I have the MagHytec diff cover, which is deeper than the oem... No clearance issues with oem cover. :)

Parts came from Speedway Motors. I looked for hours before I chose these exact parts, they are great quality. : Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Attachments

• Panhard bar order.JPG
    Panhard bar order.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to add that I am going to make some change...

I ordered some cone shaped spacers, because I got to thinking and I don't think I am 100% satisfied with the sleeve style spacers...
Also ordered some 5/8" Grade 8 nuts and bolts, to replace the 9/16" from the factory. I haven't noticed any movement at all, but I don't want to have to think about that potential issue either. Lol!

This is all just my O.C.D. acting up! :crazy:

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to add that I am going to make some change...

This is all just my O.C.D. acting up! :crazy:

I'm the same way... But did you get a cone spacer or misalignment spacer. Not sure if that place has them but ballistic fab has them specifically made to the heim and distance need.

I'll measure everything put it in cad and decide what to do from there. I'm prob going to make my own rear control arms too

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm the same way... But did you get a cone spacer or misalignment spacer. Not sure if that place has them but ballistic fab has them specifically made to the heim and distance need.

I'll measure everything put it in cad and decide what to do from there. I'm prob going to make my own rear control arms too

Got the cone spacers, don't need misalignment spacers. :favorites13:

Attachments

• conespacer.jpg
    conespacer.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 139

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see... I believe I'm going to do the same.. I like the fab'd look. I'm curious about the dimensions of adjusting the control arms to center the rear wheel to how it aligns with the from bracket or is this what the spacer is for?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see... I believe I'm going to do the same.. I like the fab'd look. I'm curious about the dimensions of adjusting the control arms to center the rear wheel to how it aligns with the from bracket or is this what the spacer is for?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Are you talking about the control arms or the track bar?

The heims are too narrow to fill the opening that once held the stock and then the Spohn panhard bar. The spacers fill the gaps.