Want to go lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahamel11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I currently have the Bell Tech 2/4 street performance drop kit installed on my 2014 1500 quad cab. The truck came out perfect but I feel as time goes on the front end is beginning to sit lower and gradually drop. My front left tire has actually cracked the inner fender from hitting a bump. Anyway back to the main point, ever since the truck first got finished the truck has always sat a little higher in the rear. Right now it sits about an inch higher in the rear giving it that rake look. I would like to drop the rear another inch to level the truck out but I am unsure on the best way to do this. Whether its new coils are cutting the current coils, is there any advice on the best way to go about this or if its even possible at all without screwing the ride up terribly? Thanks!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Nobody makes a 5" drop coil, so you will just need to cut yours. General rule of thumb is that 1 full coil in the rear is close to 1" of rear drop. Cut from the top of the coil.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yah i find about 1.5 coils to get 3/4 inch. Cut coils twice on rams to do this. BUT both of them rode signicantly worse after doing that.

I just bought a 16 sport ccsb, ended up ordering Ridetech front and rear. Yes it was more money, but i was never happy with my belltech kits at any height

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yah i find about 1.5 coils to get 3/4 inch. Cut coils twice on rams to do this. BUT both of them rode signicantly worse after doing that.

I just bought a 16 sport ccsb, ended up ordering Ridetech front and rear. Yes it was more money, but i was never happy with my belltech kits at any height

Man, I have to give you credit.... I don't think there's any kit you haven't tried...
Do you think they'll be much non-reversable removal of the stock suspension?
My '16 factory order will arrive in late March- can't wait for your review.
Thanks, appreciate your efforts...

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the ridetech kit, the small changes that need to be made will not effect reinstalling factory hardware, The front pocket needs to be trimmed a tiny bit, and on the rear its just the very top of the coil locator on the axle that needs to be trimmed off. Once i sell the truck and remove the airride, i'll just pop the OEM stuff back in.

The ridetech is 100% bolt on. Problem with it is that your gonna spend 1700-2000 for suspension pieces, plus another 800-1800 for air management. I also opted for another Spohn performance rear end kit, These trucks just look plan silly when there low and the axle isnt corrected.

slammed2.jpg
no offense to whomever owns the above truck, but that axle is so far outta wack.

But back on topic for OP, the ridetech rear bag setup is $400. Found a few people online who just ran that and were happy with results. They both just ran a schrader valve to to hitch and manually filled the rear bags

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ridetech is 100% bolt on. Problem with it is that your gonna spend 1700-2000 for suspension pieces, plus another 800-1800 for air management.
But back on topic for OP, the ridetech rear bag setup is $400. Found a few people online who just ran that and were happy with results. They both just ran a schrader valve to to hitch and manually filled the rear bags

Canadian prices?
I've looked at the ridetech site, and haven't been able to figure out exactly what's needed....
Staying on the OP topic -
To me the limiting factor in going lower with any spring drop is the front control arms hitting the bump stops. I'm not ready to remove the front bumpstops entirely-as some members have done- may look for shorter ones instead, any suggestions would be helpful. My truck sits very low in the front- enough to having hit the plastic chin spoiler on the pavement on roads with big dips. I'll be going to a slightly taller summer tire to help this out.
Riding on the bumpstops and its associated roughness is probably the only complaint I have with the Belltech 2/4 kit