First post - First full-size truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello! Needed a truck to haul building materials so finally found a cheap one. Drove about 6 hours from Ottawa Ontario Canada and 6 hours back to get my 2006 SLT 4.7 long box. It was definitely a work truck and has about 150,000 miles on it (240,000 km). I am going to spend a few weeks cleaning up\covering up the interior mess but have already replaced front exterior plastic pieces, spent about 3 hours removing old company decals and changing out a faulty blower motor resistor.

IMG_0042_zpswcnbm7fr.jpg

OP
OP
wiggy999

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sweet, love long beds

Yes, I won't ever be hauling people in this, just plywood,drywall etc. I see SO many quad cabs with short boxes and tool boxes... how do they carry anything? :) I got about 7 years of service records with this one (a GE fleet vehicle at one time) and it runs great. Other side of body looks rough..squashed in door etc but all minor. Not much rust. Waiting for passenger side Takata airbag stuff to come in for that old recall.

I look forward to learning alot here. Hope it's as good as the Caliber SRT forums were.

Wiggy

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome. Interested to see what you do with the truck

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
Yes, I won't ever be hauling people in this, just plywood,drywall etc. I see SO many quad cabs with short boxes and tool boxes... how do they carry anything? :) I got about 7 years of service records with this one (a GE fleet vehicle at one time) and it runs great. Other side of body looks rough..squashed in door etc but all minor. Not much rust. Waiting for passenger side Takata airbag stuff to come in for that old recall.

I look forward to learning alot here. Hope it's as good as the Caliber SRT forums were.

Wiggy

Yeah I have the 6.4 bed with a tool box and I do a lot of landscaping in the summer... I have to remove the tool box often. I can assure you the next truck will be a long bed