New owner of older Ram from TN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocky Top

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Guys,

New guy here from the mountains of Tennessee.

I haven't owned a Mopar in several years but was in the market for a nice used truck. Went to look at a bunch of so-called "nice" trucks while I was shopping, that turned out be be anything but nice. Looked at some GMCs, a few Fords (until I completely ruled them out. Just couldn't make myself buy a Ford with all the problems I know they have.), and several Dodges. A couple of weeks ago I finally, after nearly a year of casual looking, stumbled across a very nice 2004 Quad Cab ST 4X4 with a Hemi. Not quite loaded with all the bells and whistles I was looking to get, but it is in such great condition with low miles and a very good price, that I couldn't pass it up. It's a one owner, with all paperwork and maintanance records from day one, including the window sticker. Only has 44,000 miles and looks new inside and out! No pics yet but will be taking some soon as I get a chance on a nice day.

I have already done a few things to it. Installed an OEM factory fog light kit and a couple of new tires to match the two new ones it already had. The rear tires were original equipment and nearly ten years old! Also just added factory cruise control to it. That was really easy, and cheap! I can live with manual windows but power door locks I can't do without as wide as this thing is and with four doors. I have an after-market power door lock kit that I will be installing soon. I also ordered a kit to add an aux connection to the stock radio so I can hook up my phone or iPod to play through the stereo. Might do a few more little things just to sort of personalize it. I'm not a big mod fanatic like some folks are and tend to leave my vehicles mostly stock. I work on cars all day for a living and have been doing that for 30+ years, so tinkering with my own stuff isn't as much fun as it used to be. Once I get them in nice shape and the way I want them set up, I'm pretty much done. I just try to keep them that way as long as I have them.

Looking forward to dropping by here and seeing what other folks are doing to their trucks. Never know when I might learn something or be able to offer some help to someone else. Been checking out the forums here for a little while and seems like a nice site and decent folks hanging out here.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Welcome to RF. My "Older Ram" has never let me down. There are some good improvements that can be done to the 3rd Gen when replacing some of the OEM Parts, but you need to be careful as some reconditioned parts are a waste of time (1/2 shafts. Calipers) and you need to use Mopar replacements for the part to last more than a year or two. Also the front rotors are prone to warp and wobble so upgrading to a grooved rotor for an extra 10 bucks a piece with quality matching pads sorts it out for good.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I've been to the Smokey Mountains in Tennesee, nice area out there. Thanks for joining.

Tony