2 in lift spacer install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Hey guys, I am trying to follow the instructions from the HBS site for their 2in level kit.

I have everything all torn down, and am trying to remove the strut. The only problem I have is that I can't get the lower control arm to drop far enough to even get the strut out, let alone the spacer in.

The only thing that might be holding it up is the anti-roll bar. I pulled the nut like it says in the description, but the bolt hasn't come out of the LCA. Is that why it won't drop anymore?

Thanks for the help

Soundwave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is off the top of my head. There's a bolt with a nut on the bottom of the strut. Is that what you're talking about? If so, that bolt needs to come out for the strut to be free. I remember I didn't follow the instructions because it seemed like too much to take apart. All I did was unbolt the upper and lower control arms, the bolts on the top of the strut, and the sway bar end link.

Also, here's a great video for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWRt9ctlEMs

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlb

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Ya... I got it all done. The bolt from the sway bar to the LCA was pretty wedged. I finally got it to pop out, and then the LCA easily dropped low enough for me to get the strut back in.

******* here, signing off lol.