6" RCX lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Got a price for a price for a 6" RCX lift today. $2500.00 with alignment. Is this a good price? Not sure on pricing for lifts. I tried to search on here but nothing came up so l hope I'm not beating a dead horse.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

82Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
1982, 2010
Engine
318 Magnum, 6.7 Cummins
6" RCX lift install

It shows 1400 for lift online at 8 hours to install plus alignment. If you are buying the kit through the shop there is probably mark up because that's how a business works so that sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Fair price for install/alignment is ~$750 (+/- $100).

Then look up the cost of that terrible lift kit.

Add them together.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't go off road so it would be to fit bigger tires. Ive read on here a lot of guys don't like Rough Country. I would like to hear some input on guys that actually have this lift.

BigHornDan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have one on a ram, but I had one for four years on my 09 silverado. It rode great with Bilstein struts.

82Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
1982, 2010
Engine
318 Magnum, 6.7 Cummins
I have used Rough Country on a lot of different vehicles and never had an issue. I have not put this kit on but I can't see an issue. The new 2.2 shocks are awesome I have them on my 10 CCLB Cummins and it rides great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't have one on a ram, but I had one for four years on my 09 silverado. It rode great with Bilstein struts.
Thanks for the response. It's either RCX or a Superlift. There both around the same price.

mselph544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I love my 6" RC Lift. Paid $1400 for the 324S with Performance rear shocks from Amazon.

For the install shop to install the full kit, alignment, mount and balance rims/tires, and put my fender flares on, I walked out paying $1400 in labor. I believe he charged me $1000 flat for just the install. Can't be too sure. But yes, what you have been quoted sounds like a very fair price. Shop honored my worrying if the alignment was off when I went to drive it, re aligned it for free.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue with any other lifts.

I brought my truck back to the shop today because there is a squeak coming from the driver side rear axle. Guy seems to think the shock is rubbing against the top mount and is hoping the shock can be flipped around (rotation, not mounting point) to see if it has more clearance...we couldnt really see up there to see if it was rubbing without putting it on the lift. Gonna be bringing it in tomorrow morning first thing to have him check it out and I'll let you know what happens. So far this is the only issue I had with this lift and I'm just hoping its just a simple fix like the guy said. If not, Rough Country has a 3 year warranty on all components. So if the shock is bad, it will be replaced free of charge.

Anyway, those are my comments on the lift.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks to all who is sharing. You guys are going to make me spend my hard earned money in a way that my wife will divorce me. At least my ram would be lifted.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues here from my RCX lift.

I'm content with my purchase.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No issues here from my RCX lift.

I'm content with my purchase.
That's great. I am surprised the guys who don't like RCX lifts haven't chimed in yet. I would like to hear the bad as well. But so far it's all good.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's great. I am surprised the guys who don't like RCX lifts haven't chimed in yet. I would like to hear the bad as well. But so far it's all good.

Give it time....they will.

The biggest things they'll hit on is the use of a spacer and the finish quality.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Give it time....they will.

The biggest things they'll hit on is the use of a spacer and the finish quality.
I noticed that Zone and Superlift both use front spacers as well. At least by the pics I've seen. How fast does the RCX starts to rust?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Couldn't really give you a time frame. Never really paid too much attention to it.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not really a fan of rcx but if you aren't going off-road it's probably the best choice

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

mselph544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There are better lifts out there. It all depends on what you plan on doing with your truck I guess. Like me, I will end up upgrading to taller springs and get some nice struts for the front. I do a lot of trail riding, but not much "mud riding". I was looking for ground clearance. Not a prerunner. Spacers work, keeps the factory ride quality. I like the finish on my parts. It all works, maybe it'll rust down the road, but nothing a little undercoat can fix.

If you just want the look, the spacers will be fine IMO.

mselph544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Went by the shop today. Flipped the shocks and no more squeaking. Apparently the eye was rubbing against the mount. No more noise.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have only had my 2012 for a few months, and the RCX 6" lift was already installed when I got it, but I am very happy with it.
The only issue I've had was due to installer error. The drivers side sway bar link was installed upside-down. Because of the bend in the link, in order to fit upside-down, the link was rotated 90*. this caused the bushings to bind, and wear quickly. It only took me a few minutes to flip the link to the correct position, and all is good again.

And, although it's not directly related to the lift, my tires do slightly rub the sway bar links at full steering lock. My current tires do measure wider than the marked 12.5" though(closer to 13.5"). I'm getting new tires soon, and depending on their actual width, I may have to get some spacers.

F3787628-377A-4964-826A-79FB5007FFB0.jpg

boywithatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Then look up the cost of that terrible lift kit.

a few people ****** **** about the rough country lifts but not one single person points out specifics on why its a lesser lift. only thing i see is its spacers front and rear instead of coils which might not be a bad thing if you like the stock springs.

can anyone point out a specific reason or part of the lift that is sub par compared to others? it looks like the same components as the other kits.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
a few people ****** **** about the rough country lifts but not one single person points out specifics on why its a lesser lift. only thing i see is its spacers front and rear instead of coils which might not be a bad thing if you like the stock springs.

can anyone point out a specific reason or part of the lift that is sub par compared to others? it looks like the same components as the other kits.

A few years back the company was putting out sub-par kits on various applications.

They have improved on them since then but the stigma has stuck with the brand name ever since.

The kit itself is just fine.

Customer service on the other hand....members have stated they've had bad encounters when trying to get issues solved.

Edit: I personally think a lot of people get ROUGH COUNTRY and TUFF COUNTRY mixed up together....and tuff country has a horrible reputation for producing crap lift products.

Last edited: