Bilstines adjustable shock vs zone upper control arm for leveling out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derek3647

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2013 1500 4x4 ram and want to level out and put bigger tires on. I've been told by a local shop that they recommend uca, then I read others do just shocks. I have air bags in the back that lifted the rear to around 40 inches to the fender.
And also looking for tires to fit on my stick rims.
Any suggestions would help...
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you 4x4 roughly on a regular basis then replacing the UCA'S is not a bad idea as the 13+ ucas were of a weaker design , but if you don't then just put on the bils to + 2.8" to level the best you can with the rear @ 40".

The ball joints don't normally blow out , they give you signs for weeks by gradually migrating upwards and start making popping sounds .

If you notice them comming up then just take it easy and purchase the Mevotecs ucas from rockauto.com , they are only about $100.00 and much tougher than the stock ucas and have a Greasable ball joint .

I use 4wd regularly and rougher than I should at times and I've had the bilsteins installed @+2.8" with the Mevotecs for about 30,000 miles with zero issues .

Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum Sir from Bristol, Tn.

Here's a link to my bilsteins install , there's some important tips there for the install .

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1206420

Again welcome Sir & Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk