Do you enjoy your lift or leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted this in general because I have come down to a either keep or sell it point with my truck. I enjoy the HEMI and truck aspect but I am a die hard muscle car guy who misses slamming gears. I have reached a point where I have started wondering if the people who have spent the money to lifted or leveled their trucks felt like in the end it was worth it. I'm asking for thoughts, regrets, and honesty. Anyone who has owned a V8 standard muscle car knows what I miss. So I'm asking if
Anyone else who has missed what I do found satisfaction in "Enjoying" their trucks. Mods and what not, admins if I was wrong in where I posted this I'm sorry.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Oh Man, just the level kit alone makes it worth it. You wouldn't think 2 inches matters that much but it is real nice having the truck pointed in the right direction as opposed to pointed down. As for truck versus muscle car it really is no competition. I'm in my late forties and I can't even bend down into a muscle car. They call them muscle cars because only young guys will flexible muscles can get into them:)

I can't wait till my warranty is done, then I'm getting the chip too. 400 hp with more power into the wheels where it belongs, I doubt your muscle car will have that. I had a 69 Chevelle, it was great for an 18 year old. This truck is the best vehicle I have ever owned, I simply love it. I have owned nearly 20 cars and trucks. To each his own, but I bet if you had a car you would miss your truck much more then owning a truck and missing your car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryan12

Ryan12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya I am considering a 2011 5.0 mustang right now with full bolt ons dyno sheets show 440 whp 450 tq. Man I miss a standard lol. I'd love my truck if she was a standard. Sadly I feel like its slowly becoming a lost art.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah well, I had a Cummins and I loved that truck too, except I was unable to shift it after 6 months, my knee went out. Traded it in on a Expedition. If your heart says go muscle car go for it. When you become a family man and do camping trips and own a home, you can always go buy a truck. Maybe have both. Over half of the men in my neighborhood own a truck, and nobody has a muscle car. They can afford anything but it's either a SUV, Truck or a couple prius's. Glad someone still loves muscle cars, but in the end they just aren't practical. The nice thing about the Hemi Ram is it's the best of both worlds, Comfort with crazy power, just sayin.

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have been a big fox body fan my whole life and have had a few and do miss a manual trans and driving around messing with the cars. But I love the lifted truck so much more its nice just to roll around high and mighty lol I dont think I have loved or been as proud of a car more then I am my truck and I have had allot of cars and trucks in my time. I do want to go higher I only have a leveling kit and 33's and really jonesing for a 6 inch lift
but....
what I dont miss is the racing around town getting pulled over or driving in bad weather in a sporty car.

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't speak for wanting something fast like a muscle car, but I can tell you how much I love my level and tires. Even though it was a small amount it made a huge difference and I am way happier with the stance and truck over all. It's enough to give it a nice aggressive look, but still stay near that factory style.

jefferson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a rcsb. I love the way my truck handles now. Will I loose handling with the level and or tires?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Maybe you can keep the truck and buy an older fox body mustang and hop it up like you want on a smaller budget. Still fast etc, but cheaper. Then you can have both.

hemipowerv8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Maybe you can keep the truck and buy an older fox body mustang and hop it up like you want on a smaller budget. Still fast etc, but cheaper. Then you can have both.

This is where I would go...I have a Challenger garage queen and my Ram...love it. Have the manual trans and kick ass power when I want...and the comfy big truck when I want that...best of both worlds.

2serious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had mustangs my last one being a 2009gt. I do miss slamming gears. Time to time. I'd really like to maybe look into a challenger myself but for some reason I have always needed a truck to often. I traded the mustang for a srt8 jeep which is by far my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. But I do love my truck and it serves my needs best. So if u don't need a truck, then why not get the mustang?

mile_high

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck gets tons of attention with the lift. it's fairly quick with performance mods and goes anywhere (especially in Colorado). I love it.

I also have a race car though so my "need for speed" is handled. I'd suggest the same for you.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't plan to level, lift, nor oversize the tires. The negatives outweigh the looks. I never go off road. If I lift, it won't fit in my garage, performance and braking will be affected, MPG will be much worse, my kids won't be able to get in, etc etc. I do like the looks of lifted trucks, but it's not for me. Leveling isn't for me either. I prefer a rake.

raptor1797

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Prob. not fair to compair the two because they are totally different beasts. That is unless you turn your truck in to a Hot Rod ...... Maby slam it and tune it to the hilt.

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
I like my 4x4 truck lifted i went with 2.5 lift just to install 33s just for the look i don't go offroad,but i also have my 1966 Barracuda for the muscle car/hot rod part of me,my son also has a 2011 Mustang!

Red 2012 Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Love my 2.5" hbs level. When they put the independent from suspension under these trucks they were real low in the front like my old chevy was. Put the level on to make it look like a 4x4.

Psycho White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kore tactical suspension... Best system money can buy for a 1500. Handles better on road and is insane off road!! Easily comparable to a Carli.

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Go test drive a 2007+ Cummins Ram with the 6-speed. Truck + manual + a mountain of torque :)

brightwhitesport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Go test drive a 2007+ Cummins Ram with the 6-speed. Truck + manual + a mountain of torque :)

I'm not impressed with the 6.7, I test drove a 2011 2500 Laramie with a six speed before I bought my hemi and I wasn't fun to drive. I was expecting more pull.

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I love my 1500, its only a 4.7, but fun as hell. Leveling kit made it feel/look like a real truck. Less mpg with even a level, but its worth it.

I do miss the hard hitting turbo on my old car, but the truck has other advantages and joys. And pulls OK, but nothing like a good high HP vehicle.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2