Doing a six inch BDS, whats your thoughts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NUTSHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. I just put a deposit down on a 6 inch BDS. I am gonna go with the 3 inch Fox shocks in the rear. I want to keep the Bilsteins up front but the guy said he will put them at factory height, the truck will still be leveled cause of the shocks in the rear. The wheel and tire combo I am gonna go with is 22x9.5 Fuel Hostage in chrome with 4.5 backspacing and a -18 offset with a 325/50/22 trail grappler. I wanted to do a 22x11 with a 5inch backspace and a -24 offset cause I like the look of the deep lip but he said I would have clearance issues and I would still get the look im after with the 9.5. Any input or comments would be great. If everything goes right the truck will be going in on april 2nd.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that's gonna look sick

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That is going to look awesome. Yeah those wheels will look great on your truck.

westtnfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
That will be **** nuts :********:

discojables

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
dude. 6 inch lifted hemi truck. My thoughts are America, f*ck yeah!.

OP
OP
NUTSHEMI

NUTSHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been waiting for you to chime in BIGHORN, lol. I actually ask someone on the other site who has that wheel and he said he has no issues. He said he has 6inchs and leveled and even before he was leveled he still had room. I found a pic of the 9.5 last night and dont like the look, the lip isnt deep enough. So I am definetly gonna go with the 11inch. As far as the lift it self, the guy doesnt really wanna run the bilsteins at a diffrent setting other then factory. He said the kits are made around the factory geomtry and that I will have more wear and tear and eventually start breaking things. Im like everyone else I cant afford to fix things that start breaking, but I dont think I will be happy though going with the factory setting. I think I am gonna go back and talk to him, and do the 5 inch fox shocks in the rear with the Bilsteins at the current setting I have them at now which is 2.1. After the shocks have settled I have an inch and a half diffrence in height right now.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Congrats man! If you do the 6" front 5" rear with bilsteins at 2.1" that's my exact setup. If you DO go with the 3" rear, you should lower the bilsteins because your front end will sitting alot higher than the rear with that setup.

OP
OP
NUTSHEMI

NUTSHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I just got off the phone with the guy and told him I would much rather do the 5inch rear and the bilsteins kept at 2.1. He had no problem with it, just wanted to make sure I was aware of an issues I may have and that I will run the risk of front end problems and he will just note it on the recipet. Scott and Thor, do you guys have any issues? What possible issues could I have?