DOR Lifts- ready to pull the trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
I wanted to post this in the most generic forum to get maximum exposure but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else.
Anyway, I really like the build style of the DOR lifts and am ready to buy a long arm kit for 3" (for 37's) and a steering brace but have seen radically conflicting reviews online of suspension build component quality from the best available for a power wagon to over half year delivery and shoddy workmanship with wrong sized components.
Anyone have anything to say about this specific lift on any year model trucks?
I'd appreciate any and all feedback.
Thanks.

OP
OP
xdamageincx

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
No, it came with 6.4 from the factory. It's a 16 PW 2500

OP
OP
xdamageincx

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
No, I think just the block. I can't remember but I think you have to put something into a field to sign up

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If he actually had the SRT8 motor the extra torque might have problems with the increased CV angles

what CV angles? he already said he has a 2500.

Those that have DOR stuff seem to like it for the most part. they seem to have gotten better at handling/fulfilling orders, but now that thuren has come out with 6.4 specific coils, i see more people leaning that way. i do plan on ordering the DOR steering brace come spring, but theres not really any other option out there to sway my decision.

OP
OP
xdamageincx

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
It is actually but not all same tuning and components as I understand

OP
OP
xdamageincx

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
what CV angles? he already said he has a 2500.

Those that have DOR stuff seem to like it for the most part. they seem to have gotten better at handling/fulfilling orders, but now that thuren has come out with 6.4 specific coils, i see more people leaning that way. i do plan on ordering the DOR steering brace come spring, but theres not really any other option out there to sway my decision.

Didn't know that.
I like the long arm setup but that Thuren stuff gets good reviews.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The SRT8 is a completely different engine than the Ram 6.4 HD. The Ram 6.4 shares the same block with the Hell cat.

I have a DOR steering brace and it's well made. I'm hesitant to try their suspension because of questionable looking business practices. If you buy the 2014+ 4/5 link please post a review. I'm interested but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

OP
OP
xdamageincx

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
The SRT8 is a completely different engine than the Ram 6.4 HD. The Ram 6.4 shares the same block with the Hell cat.

I have a DOR steering brace and it's well made. I'm hesitant to try their suspension because of questionable looking business practices. If you buy the 2014+ 4/5 link please post a review. I'm interested but I don't want to be the guinea pig.
I haven't heard from anyone yet that has done the la kit.
http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/163-1311-2014-ram-2500-hd-laramie-limited-first-test/
I keep seeing they are the same motors but 10% less horsepower or something but that's a lot with 5 tons of power wagon to move around. The set8 isn't really that much on a rig this size although ample but not a 3 second drag car lol. The cu in to hp rating is a good ratio

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven't heard from anyone yet that has done the la kit.
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie Limited Heavy Duty First Test - Truck Trend
I keep seeing they are the same motors but 10% less horsepower or something but that's a lot with 5 tons of power wagon to move around. The set8 isn't really that much on a rig this size although ample but not a 3 second drag car lol. The cu in to hp rating is a good ratio

That article is completely incorrect. The Apache 392 (6.4L SRT8) is based off the 6.1. The Ram 6.4 is a completely different engine that has almost no parts commonality. The Ram 6.4L has bigger heads, different pistons, different block, etc. As I already mentioned, the Hellcat 6.2L is built off the 6.4L HD block (they only share the block).

https://www.a2speed.com/p-2674-hemi-big-gas-heads.aspx

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990