lift kit help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello RAM lovers .
Am looking for a lift kit for my truck, I got the day-star 2.5 lift kit , but it looks so small and it didnt do much for my truck .in fact some told me the readylift 2.5 lift kit is bigger ??!! am not sure if thats true. any how thinking of a 4inch or 6 inch lift kit but the are so expensive .
I tried to find any 3 inch lift kits for the ram but didnt find anything on line .
so
1. are they any 3 inch lift kits for the ram 1500 ?
2. is the ready lift 2.5 inch lift kit better or bigger than the daystar ?
3 what are the cheapest 4 and 6 inch lift kits in the market?
need your help guys .
regards. Bandar

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome to the forum man...if your looking for a 3" lift you could simply do a body lift..from what i know they are a cheap and easy way to lift your truck to fit larger tires...other guys with more knowledge will soon chime in but as for me, if you wanna do a 6" lift i suggest not going cheap cuz that just brings in more problems than it's worth...it's also not necessary to go super expensive for a quality lift..some shopping around after these guys point you in the right direction will bring you to many superior lifts at great prices...i say save up some extra cash and get a quality lift rather than settling.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are two ways to lift a truck- via the suspension, or via the body.

So with that in mind, let's run through your questions and then I will share my opinion.

1. There may be a 3" suspension lift, but I haven't seen it. The only 3" lift I am aware of is a body lift.

2. I doubt it. 2.5" is 2.5". Every truck responds different to leveling. Tired, aging coil springs won't lift as much as newer ones. This leads folks to decide one level is "bigger" than another when comparing two trucks.

3. As mentioned above, "cheap" and "lift" should never go together. That doesn't mean you shouldn't look for a good deal. It means buying the biggest piece of crap lift out there will leave you with the biggest piece of crap truck out there.

4. My opinion- you already have the leveling kit, so throw on a 3" body lift. That will net you 5+ inches of lift and you can run 35" tires. This is a great look that retains all of your smooth factory ride with none of the side effects of a full on suspension lift.

If your heart is set on a suspension lift, procomp makes a nice 6" lift that includes all of the necessary hardware to keep your cv joints and driveshafts properly aligned (and avoid expen$ive repairs down the road.

Just remember, lift is like a tattoo. You start with a little one, and then you want more. And more, and more, and more. One day you wake up and your all tatted/lifted up and you wish you stayed with just that one little lift/tat.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to Ram Forum. We have some nice looking lifted 4th gen rams on here. They can post some pics

Last edited:

Wayne084

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. Yes, kore performance sells a 6" lift.
2. I doubt that one companies 2.5"vsteel spacer would be larger than the other, you could call the manufacture to see the actual size of their spacer is. I think that to achieve an actual 2" lift, you need an 1.25" spacer (I may be wrong, but I don't think). So you could see if anybosies 2.5 is larger than the rest of them. If the spacer is made our of urethane or something, then yess, it will settle and not be as high.
3 Rough Country makes the cheapest 4 and 6 in lifts. Their 4g lift is a great product and there is no reason not to go with their product contrary to what some old school people will tell you.

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
good day to you all , and thanx for your reply ,
1st of all you guys are correct when you start lifting you wont stop, the problem is not only the lift kit and its pricing , the shipping and how heavy it is, am not from the USA , so when a lift kit is shipped over sea. it will cost more than the lift kit its self.
and as you guys said the body lift is a good choice but I was watching its installation and its not easy , I have to find someone here that can do the work perfectly.
I had 3 wrangler jk and tj before but I didn't have these problems .
the 4 inch kit looks great I will try to contact the shipment company's to ask what is the easiest way to ship it here.
thanx guys again.
I will try to post my trucks pix so u guys can see it and tell me what u think :)
photo.php

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Welcome to RF. As mentioned above, lift makes you only want more lift. With that being said, if you're on the edge between a 4" and 6" I'd definitely recommend the 6" as you can run 35s easy or even 37s if you wanted to step up in tire size. The costs between the two is nearly the same and I'm sure won't affect overseas shipping anymore than a 4" would. Just my experience...I almost went with a 4" lift...and had it not have been on backorder that's what I would have now. I waited, did a little more researched and talked to more people and ended up with a 6" and I absolutely love it. If I had gone with the 4" it would leave me only wanting more and kicking myself today.

Good luck with your decision.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I agree. If you are going to do anything do it right the first time. I was first looking at a 4" but after talking to companies the difference if any is about $100. I ended up with a 6" Zone lift then I upgraded to Bilstein adjustable shocks for a total of 8" lift. Shipping can be costly I experience that living up in Alaska but you would be surprised at how good of deal you can get.

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanx guys , I agree with you , 6 inch lift kit is the way I should go , I will try to find the cheapest way to get it over here, this is a pix of my RAM its a 2011 laramie with a 2.5 daystar lift kit , wheel adapter and a 315/70/17 tiers ;)

Attachments

• 001 (2) (1024x765).jpg
    001 (2) (1024x765).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 27,135
Last edited:

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
welcome nice looking truck! i had a RCX 2.5"/.75" leveling kit and wanted to go bigger but i really dont have the funds for a suspension lift so i ditched the leveling kit and got some adjustable Bilstein struts for the front and set them to 2.8'' and got a RCX 1.25'' body lift and just kept the rear spacer and i think i got a huge gain for plenty under $1k with everything installed/parts/alignment, its like having 4" of lift and the truck rides way better than it did with the front spacer. hope this helps!

RamLift5.jpg

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good day to you guys , good news I found a 3.5 inch lift kit , that has a great price and its not heavy to ship over seas , take a look at it and tell me what you think .
I will try to contact the saler as the lift kit is 3.5 in-front and 2 inch rear witch I want him to change into 2.5 rear so the truck will level more and get a great look.

09-11 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD 3.5 + 2 MAX Lift Kit Leveling | eBay

please guys tell me what you think , should I go for it ??

Wayne084

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OH my goodness, HELL NO. That's not a lift, it's a spacer. A 2.5 can be iffy enough with the hit and miss on death wobble, and is about the max that could be healthy for your cv's but a 3.5" wtf were they thinking.:killer: Worst part is probably 1000000 people will buy them. It won't be worth all the extra stress and expense on your front end components, they aren't designed to run at that angle.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
^What he said. You don't want to go any higher than 2.8" on the front or you can run into serious issues. That ebay kit is definitely a BAD idea.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Unless you're installing some kind of drop brackets, don't put more than 2.5" spacer on your front shocks. I had a 2.5" leveling kit before my lift and my struts were hard to get back in with the spacers mounted, I don't know how you'd get another 1" on top and still fit them back in. Plus a very stiff ride. I'd really hate to see you break anything on your truck too

Wayne084

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow I can't believe someone came out with this kit. That is dumb.

Are you kidding Scott, I think they are the smartest business people ever. I think I'm going to invent a 3.75", haha. I am sure I would sell 1000000 on ebay because everyone wants a lift on their truck without having to pay to do it the right way. I bet I'd be a millionaire fast. They don't give a **** if their truck breaks, as long as it's cheap at the time and looks better. So help me if you steal my idea, I will hunt you down, lol. Or I guess I could just one up you again and invent the full 2" spacer to get 4" of lift and wedge the cv's right out of the transmission when you hit a bump. But it'll look good.

Seriously though, I am not trying to offend the guy that asked about it, because I know he's just researching and trying to get info. I'm just making fun of the ******** companies that don't care about it and just send a patten out to a company in china to manufacture a bunch of this crap that won't even work right just because they know people are gonna jump on it because it's a cheap way to cheat. I know one guy who notched his control arms on a titan or some important so that he could stack spacers to get more lift. Another guy with a chev notched his frame to cobble something similar, but I am not sure what the exact setup or reasoning for it was, but you get my point.

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanx guys , I know your right , its kind of crazy to go 3inch with only spacers !! but what can I do?? :(
should I stick with my daystar 2.5 lift kit or try the ready lift sst lift kit .or keep on looking ?
its not the price of the lift kit its self that am worried about , its how much it will cost me to ship it here in Dubai. all the 4 inch and 6 inch lift kits are very heavy and it will cost me twice the price of the lift kit its self. I found an other company with a 3 inch lift kit in eBay . but I feel most of the stuff in eBay is crap .
but only to share with you guys this is the link
09-11 Dodge Ram 1500 FULL 3" Lift Leveling Kit 4X4 4WD | eBay

Wayne084

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think scott and bandar are right. If the cost of shipping is the big expense of the lift. I think you should definitely get the 5100 bilsteins, for your 1st 2.8" of lift, then order the rough country body lift which is a low shipping weight. Then you would have the benefits of increased suspension and the look of over 4" of lift. These items together would run you around $300.00 then the shipping, but they are both relatively small and light.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I think scott and bandar are right. If the cost of shipping is the big expense of the lift. I think you should definitely get the 5100 bilsteins, for your 1st 2.8" of lift, then order the rough country body lift which is a low shipping weight. Then you would have the benefits of increased suspension and the look of over 4" of lift. These items together would run you around $300.00 then the shipping, but they are both relatively small and light.

nice looking truck....I with Wayne on this......unless you plan on doing some good offroading you don't need a suspension lift.