Looking for Non-Biased Info on Lift Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j4m3s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the differences between the different companies out there that supply a 6" lift kit for our trucks (RCX, Pro-Comp, BDS, ect.)? I traveled around to a hand full of 4x4 shops in my area just getting prices for kits and each shop had something different to say about the different kits and more or less wanted me to go with the kit they mainly sell.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm buying rough country. Its the cheapest and I trust rough country. It comes with rear springs instead of spacers. Gonna be a hard site to find a non biased opinion on lifts. A MAJORITY run rcx though. Hard to beat the cost/value ratio that they offer.

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have researched a lot on lifts also. Sure the rcx is cheap but I know a few people that have them and they hate the ride of there truck now but I have herd good things about pro comp I haven't really looked that much at the bds. Depending on how deap your pocket is I would also look at the icon 3in lift that is probably what I would go with for performance reasons plus I already have a 3in body lift

OP
OP
J

j4m3s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lifts

I'm buying rough country. Its the cheapest and I trust rough country. It comes with rear springs instead of spacers. Gonna be a hard site to find a non biased opinion on lifts. A MAJORITY run rcx though. Hard to beat the cost/value ratio that they offer.

Yeah I know it's going to be hard but to find a non-biased view on them but I figured someone has some experience with the different types of kits and can see pros and cons of each kit. Like you said the RCX kit comes with springs and not spacers, I don't know the difference between that.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I will definitely say that all lift kits are NOT created equal. I've owned three lfits now on three different vehicles, A RANCHO 6'', FABTECH 6'', and bnow the CST 7'' on my 2wd. The others have been 4x4. Some company's put in serious R&D to build quality lifts that don't change the geometry of the stock suspension all that much, other companies build quick kits to fill a gap in capability. FABTECH is one of my personal favorites but they don't make a kit for the RAM 2wd. Before I bought the CST kit I actually went to their facility and talked to them, and that's what gave me the warm fuzzy and helped me decide to spend the $$$. In this instance(lifts), you WILL get what you pay for.

Do the research. That's my .02

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a zone kit on my jeep and I was happy with it but it was nothing to fancy. I have a pro comp lift for my ram but its not on the truck yet. I can say the quality of the pro comp lift looks excellent

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just go with what fits your price range and uses of the lift (street truck that will never see dirt or offloading monster)

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
if you lift a ram and go from p rated tires to 10 ply, obviously the ride will change. it's not the lift kit, buy better shocks and even then if you want that carlike ride keep your truck stock.

OP
OP
J

j4m3s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan on doing some off roading. I'm not about to invest all this money for just a street truck. But it is also my daily driver. I Already got a pair of 5100's for the front, I want to do a 6" lift (so I have the room for 37's Later), and 35's on the stock 20's. I was originally going around looking for prices for the RCX kit but some shops said it was junk, and pushed towards BDS, others said BDS was junk and pushed towards pro comp. That's what sparked my thread. I have been trying to find a difference other than name between the kits.

OP
OP
J

j4m3s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cost of the kit isn't a big deal. I would rather put in the research and buy a dependable product and save money in the long run, rather than save money upfront but spend more money maintaining in the long run. :)

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If I'm not mistaken doesn't the Rcx have a lifetime warranty?

OP
OP
J

j4m3s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RCX Lift

If I'm not mistaken doesn't the Rcx have a lifetime warranty?

You are correct, it does have a lifetime warranty. I just verified on their website. To me all of the kits all have the same warranty, and offer the same amount of lift. I'm just wondering what is driving the prices all around besides name.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
It's hard to go off of what a shop says because its possible they're a supplier for a certain company and not another, so Of course they will tell you one is junk and the other is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lol.

But I do like this topic because I am planning on a RCX 6" lift here in a couple months and want to hear other opinions. I plan to try to get the nicest shocks possible to keep a relatively smooth ride.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a Pro Comp 6" and no complaints except I hate how the rear lift is achieved. Instead of using longer coils, they throw a 5.5" spacer in the back and reuse the stock coils. The front lift is the only company (2 years ago when I got mine) to do a FULL 6" drop bracket. RCX at the time was using 4.5" drop bracket for a 6" lift, meaning less rake but you do not keep factory CV angles.

The perfect lift would be a Pro Comp front setup with RCX rear setup...