Rear Spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, just had a RC 4" lift installed, in order to pull off the 35x12.5R18's. I already had Bilstein's up front and was thinking they could be readjusted to stock height. Unfortunately this was not the case, to avoid rubbing. So right now the rear sits about 3/4" lower than the front. Wondering if there are any 1" spacers or something that would work with the RC lift. The place I had the lift installed hasn't had any luck finding a solution. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had seen those, but will they work with the lift? Asking because prior I had a leveling kit, but the rear spacer wouldn't fit over the RC lift. The install shops' only suggestion as of now is swapping out the rear for a 5" BDS kit. Obviously that would be a lot of extra $ for an extra inch.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I found these also.

Daystar™ - Driven by Design

I'm not sure if the Daystar or the Topguncustoms spacer will work with your lifted spring. I'm sure they will....but I would send an e-mail to both and ask before I purchased them.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've had 2 sets of rear spacers on my Rough Country lift so far. The 3/4" rear spacer sit underneath the bottom of the rear coils and 1.5" rear metal spacers sit on top of your rear coils. I believe the 1" rear coils are the same design as the 1.5"

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My bad, I meant to say both came from TGC

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the feedback fellas, that's what I was hoping to hear. I had shot TGC an email before making this thread but no response yet. The 3/4" spacer would probably be perfect, as it would bring my truck pretty much level (which is what I'm looking for). I don't plan on doing any towing so wouldn't have to worry about poppin wheelies :waytogo:

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soooo...got ahold of the guys and TGC and RC and they both advised me it would NOT be a good idea to add a 1" spacer to the rear. Kind of lost here, cause it seems like a lot of you guys have done so, or something similar. Am I missing something here?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem here is not what you have, its the fact that the 4" RC kit comes with 2" rear coil spacer already that sits on your stock coil/spring.
I'm not too sure if you can even go any higher as you would need a 2.5-3" rear coil spacer and not to sure if you RC shock can extend that far.

That said, I recommend getting a 3" coil from another kit. zone or bds kit. Pay the $100 and get those.

What did you set your Bilsteins too? im guessing 2.1 if you have a cali lean?
0.7 will keep you level and bilsteins at 0 will give you a slight forward rake.

You have a few options here.
1) drop the Bilsteins to either 0 or 0.7
2) grab a 3" rear spring/coil from another kit (BDS/Zone/Superlift)
3) if you are going the number 2 route, you can then re ad a 3/4" - 1" rear coil spacer, but then you have to re look at the shocks that came with your kit.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soooo...got ahold of the guys and TGC and RC and they both advised me it would NOT be a good idea to add a 1" spacer to the rear. Kind of lost here, cause it seems like a lot of you guys have done so, or something similar. Am I missing something here?

based on my reasons above TGC and RC was correct.
Because there is no way to add a spacer on top of another spacer.

You can maybe do the spacer that goes beneath the coil/spring, but I do not recommend it.
Its better to just grab the spring/coil from another kit.

Call up BDS/Zone. I am sure they can sell you just the rear coil. Mare sure to grab the 3" one and based on your 3/4" cali lean you will be leveled.

ckberry13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
same thing i was looking at. The RCX 4" lift comes with 2.5" rear space with origianl spings, according to RCX customer service. The Zone 4" lift has the option of a 2" spacer (for leveling and lift) or a 3" replacement spring (to maintain some rake). I want to do a 4" lift, but I tow often so wanted to maintain a bit of rake. Wanted to do RCX lift but think i may have to use the zone lift to maintain the rake. Right now I have 36.5 front 39 rear. With the Zone lift and 3" spring option think I should be at 40.5 front and 42 rear, without bigger tires. Which would maintain 1.5 rake opposed to the 2.5 rake I have now, which for me would be perfect. I wish RCX had a 3" replacement spring, as that was the kit I wanted to use since they get such good reviews. Zone is only a little bit more $$ but don't think they get the reviews that RCX gets.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem here is not what you have, its the fact that the 4" RC kit comes with 2" rear coil spacer already that sits on your stock coil/spring.
I'm not too sure if you can even go any higher as you would need a 2.5-3" rear coil spacer and not to sure if you RC shock can extend that far.

That said, I recommend getting a 3" coil from another kit. zone or bds kit. Pay the $100 and get those.

What did you set your Bilsteins too? im guessing 2.1 if you have a cali lean?
0.7 will keep you level and bilsteins at 0 will give you a slight forward rake.

You have a few options here.
1) drop the Bilsteins to either 0 or 0.7
2) grab a 3" rear spring/coil from another kit (BDS/Zone/Superlift)
3) if you are going the number 2 route, you can then re ad a 3/4" - 1" rear coil spacer, but then you have to re look at the shocks that came with your kit.

Thanks for the reply, man. Just sent an email to both BDS and Zone, hopefully they can sell their spacer seperately. Either brand you'd recommend?

The original plan was to set the Bilstein's to 0, but the install shop said they could not do so because my tires would rub. Which I kind of found hard to believe, but anyways...

Any idea on how long it would take to swap out spacers?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply, man. Just sent an email to both BDS and Zone, hopefully they can sell their spacer seperately. Either brand you'd recommend?

The original plan was to set the Bilstein's to 0, but the install shop said they could not do so because my tires would rub. Which I kind of found hard to believe, but anyways...

Any idea on how long it would take to swap out spacers?

Both are the same company. I think the 'coil spring' if of the same quality only difference being the shock quality and a few components quality difference.
Other than that, same thing. Which ever is cheaper grab it.
But grab the 3"

What offset are your rims?
35's typically fit without issue on a 4" lift.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
same thing i was looking at. The RCX 4" lift comes with 2.5" rear space with origianl spings, according to RCX customer service. The Zone 4" lift has the option of a 2" spacer (for leveling and lift) or a 3" replacement spring (to maintain some rake). I want to do a 4" lift, but I tow often so wanted to maintain a bit of rake. Wanted to do RCX lift but think i may have to use the zone lift to maintain the rake. Right now I have 36.5 front 39 rear. With the Zone lift and 3" spring option think I should be at 40.5 front and 42 rear, without bigger tires. Which would maintain 1.5 rake opposed to the 2.5 rake I have now, which for me would be perfect. I wish RCX had a 3" replacement spring, as that was the kit I wanted to use since they get such good reviews. Zone is only a little bit more $$ but don't think they get the reviews that RCX gets.

This would be new to me if they changed the rear coil spacer from a 2" to 2.5".
From many reps I spoke to and info I found on the net, its a 2" and that is the reason why I did not go with the RCX 4" lift when I was considering 4" vs 6".

If I did a 4" kit and was price sensitive, I would do the 4" Zone and get the upgraded 3" spring/coil

This would give you a 1.5-2" rake

If you wanted to rid of some of that rake, you can grab the Bilsteins and set them either at 0.7" or 1.4"
2.1" will get you level as the OP's set up can confirm this

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Both are the same company. I think the 'coil spring' if of the same quality only difference being the shock quality and a few components quality difference.
Other than that, same thing. Which ever is cheaper grab it.
But grab the 3"

What offset are your rims?
35's typically fit without issue on a 4" lift.

Yeah I found that out once Zone got back to me. They don't offer the spacer individually, but they were thinking BDS does. So the waiting game continues...

My rims are 0 offset. That's what I was thinking too, which is why I was surprised when they told me otherwise. Especially considering the fact they told me the 35's almost fit with just a level. Starting to think I should've taken it to a different shop.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I found that out once Zone got back to me. They don't offer the spacer individually, but they were thinking BDS does. So the waiting game continues...

My rims are 0 offset. That's what I was thinking too, which is why I was surprised when they told me otherwise. Especially considering the fact they told me the 35's almost fit with just a level. Starting to think I should've taken it to a different shop.

Why are you looking for both from Zone or BDS?
You dont want the spacer....you want the rear 3" spring.
I know BDS offers this

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why are you looking for both from Zone or BDS?
You dont want the spacer....you want the rear 3" spring.
I know BDS offers this

****, sorry man, that's what I meant. Sweet truck you got there, btw.