TGC 3/4" Spacer ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just want to make sure I have this correct....I have a 3/4 poly TGC spacer that I am looking to install today. This is placed on top of the factory and isolator....correct?? I haven't actually taken this trucks rear apart before so I don't know for certain. The spacer almost looks like it fits directly over the "hump" the bottom of the spring rests on but I was under the impression it went on top.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TGC 3/4" Spacer ?

It goes above the spring and isolator. Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Huh didn't know some went on top and some bottom. My Maxx Suspensions spacer went on the bottom, with that one you also drill a hole and tap it so that you can bolt it down so that it doesn't move or make noise.

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought the poly’s go below the spring and sit on the axle. The steel ones go above the spring.

Thats what I was starting to question..... It looks like its meant to go on the bottom the more that I look at it. But I was pretty sure it was suppose to go up top at first. Does it hold the spring in place well enough though?? I feel like the spring could slide off the poly

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Top Gun has nothing on their site for these either so I am really starting to wonder. Maybe I should give them a call

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 1” metal went on top. I’d say call them to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Called TGC. They said that poly go on bottom and steel go on top. Glad I asked. I was gonna do top.

Reactions: JB1

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what I was starting to question..... It looks like its meant to go on the bottom the more that I look at it. But I was pretty sure it was suppose to go up top at first. Does it hold the spring in place well enough though?? I feel like the spring could slide off the poly
The poly shouldn’t slip at all. The weight of the truck should keep it in place.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious as to how far the poly spacer sits inside the rear coil spring.

RandyGallup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny, I took the poly one off installed by the previous owner and it was on the top. It was a TGC one also..

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm curious as to how far the poly spacer sits inside the rear coil spring.

It doesn't seem very far. I managed to force the spring to slide over the top of the spacer because I was having a hard time getting the driver side back on. But once i got everything put back together and on the ground I crawled under and tried pushing/pulling the springs and they weren't moving.

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny, I took the poly one off installed by the previous owner and it was on the top. It was a TGC one also..

Why take it off though??? Haha. Honestly it probably could go on top without issue after looking it over.

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Frosty - how was the install?

Install went pretty smooth overall. Took about 1 hr. My lower shock bolt and sway bar link bolt took some muscle to get the nuts off. I opted to use my impact but could've done it without. Made sure to remove the brake line hangers on both sides just to make sure I had enough slack to lower the differential. The only "issue" I ran into was that I put the passenger side coil and spacer in first and once I went to do the driver side, I couldn't get the coil back in place. I had my jack stands maxed out and the jack holding the differential up was all the way down and it was still too tight. So I tried pulling the passenger side coil back out and that gave me just enough room to push down on the driver side hub and get it in place. Then I went back over to the passenger side and put that one back in. It was tougher once the other side was in but It was doable unlike trying it with the passenger side in first. I have read somewhere that the driver side coils are a little bigger to compensate for gas tank and driver weight. Once they were back in place I jacked the rear back up and reconnected everything. Done deal. I guess if I had any tips it would be get the driver side in first and if you have the option, maybe put blocks under your jack stands to get the body up higher so you have more space between the axle and body.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being I had aftermarket shocks that are slightly longer than stock I took nothing apart. I just zipped a couple coils spring compressers on one spring . Jacked up the frame ahead of the lower control arm mounts on the frame . Picked up the spring by hand and dropped the TGC 3/4" poly spacer in . Did both sides in less than a half hour

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Being I had aftermarket shocks that are slightly longer than stock I took nothing apart. I just zipped a couple coils spring compressers on one spring . Jacked up the frame ahead of the lower control arm mounts on the frame . Picked up the spring by hand and dropped the TGC 3/4" poly spacer in . Did both sides in less than a half hour

If I had spring compressors this is what I woyodce done. Should've just rented some. Either way, it's all done.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
they are cheap and very handy to have

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did you buy the spacer from TGC?....they want $25 to ship them to Houston

RandyGallup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why take it off though??? Haha. Honestly it probably could go on top without issue after looking it over.

Truck sat to high in the rear. Previous owner did a leveling kit then the rear spacers. So it looked like factory rake, just taller lol!