Thought on this lift from Top gun customz?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
bump for anybody that knows

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
That seems like alot of money for only 2.5" of lift

Basically thats like a leveling kit.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what I was gonna say, big money for that.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I would actually say that's a great kit to go with, te it's alot of money but it is the right way to do it and since you plan to plow, you really want to do it right

I wouldn't be against using coil spacers on a plow truck but the replacement springs are a better better.
I would call top gunz and ask them how they think those springs will hold the extra weight.

Another leveling kit you may want consider is the carli kit which is just springs, shocks and end links for $825

OP
OP
M

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would actually say that's a great kit to go with, te it's alot of money but it is the right way to do it and since you plan to plow, you really want to do it right

I wouldn't be against using coil spacers on a plow truck but the replacement springs are a better better.
I would call top gunz and ask them how they think those springs will hold the extra weight.

Another leveling kit you may want consider is the carli kit which is just springs, shocks and end links for $825

Ya i was looking at the Cali kit as well.

I just want to do it right the first time.
IM NOT SAY SAYING that just the spacers are wrong. But it just seems that this kit has everything to do it better etc. Longer trailing arms etc... Just not to positive having spacers with all the force from plowing. Just seems like a leverage point to flex maybe?

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins

I agree for the most part. This is a QUALITY kit. Puts everything back the way you need it. This is for the guys who want more then just a bit of lift for looks. I have used TGC parts and they are quality. I have a carli system...but id still go with this kit over the lower priced carli kits since you get more of the parts that will add strength and quality to your suspension(like the control arms and what not).

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I agree that is a nice kit .. but for 2" .. really . The stock suspension leveled 2" does not need all that for the day to day . Over 3" yes you need all the replacement brackets ect

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Doesn't NEED it but could use it lol
I would skip the rear blocks and probably the control arms too
Adjustable track bar is a great investment IMO

OP
OP
M

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya do we really need anything?

I like the looks of the factory rake, But adding 2.5" to the front and the 1" block or springs will still keep a slight rake.
Note** This truck also gets a stainless 1yrd sander in the bed come winter so theres a lot of weight back there. Yes i will be adding Firestone airbags to the rear as i do to all my past work trucks. It will also have a complete onboard air system to fill the bags with a flip of a switch as well to power my train horns i took off my old truck..

Back to the lift, Has anyone leveled their truck with longer springs vs just the spacers?

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I still think 1/2in longer CAs is a good idea with a 2.5in lift.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Just spacers here
I've had close to three tons in the bed and pull somewhere around 13-14k lbs from the bumper occasionally with out problems
We have a one ton and a medium duty international that usually do most of the hard work though

OP
OP
M

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still think 1/2in longer CAs is a good idea with a 2.5in lift.

Ya i agree with you on this ..
I just can't find anywhere on the site that says what size tires i can fit and with what backspacing i will need to have no rub.

Any ideas?

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
im not saying you WILL have issues. Its just my mentality to keep that axle in the center and put money in problem areas like the trackbar. I think at this point its just one of those "to each their own" kinda situations. But if the OP is asking if TGZ kits are well made....id give a big yes.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
35x12.5 with 5" backspace
If you get aftermarket control arms you maybe able to squeeze 35s with a 5.25" or so BS I'm not sure

I doubt you could fit 37s since Reece had to trim with a 3" kit

OP
OP
M

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet, So i will be able to get 35's on there. Im looking at an 18x9 wheel maybe 20"
Undecided yet...

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ya i agree with you on this ..
I just can't find anywhere on the site that says what size tires i can fit and with what backspacing i will need to have no rub.

Any ideas?

a 35x12.5 s tubular arms should give you more CA clearance but you might want to talk to TGZ to see if they do. If the do a factory offset or close to will work fine.

With the carli kit they say, for the 3in kit with the carli CAs and full rear leafs you can fit 37s for the most part using factory rims. I pretty sure that applies to both 3G and 4G rams. So 35x12.5 I think you would be happy.

OP
OP
M

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks so much for your feed back.

Anyone have pics of an 2.5 level kit with 35's on a 2500?