vibrations.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
so i got a 6" lift, with 37's on 20" rims. my issue is that i get a good vibration. on my left driver side front tire. its an on going issue.

hub centric rings on all 4 rims also....stick weight balance in the front and beads in the rear. All 4 had beads we took the front out thinking it would fix it but it didnt... All are correctly balance also...any ideas? you can feel it at
80 km, and when breaking, u can feel it in the peddle at times also.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) do they have a road force balancer is my first question, that much tire you really need one to make sure they tire balances proper

2) do you have anyone local you can swap on other wheels/tires doesnt have to be 37's just to make sure its tire and not drive line related? I ask that as with lifts in the past sometimes something gets out of whack like a c/v axle and it will cause you to chase down ghosts forever

3) was there any vibration before the lift, even a little one?

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
bought truck with it all done up like that. the vibration came later on. they have swapped the tires from rear to front. also. still nothing, im going to ask about the road force also...any other ideas? currently there are stick weights in the front, and beads in the rear.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you changed nothing and you are developing a vibration? Thats a different animal. Id steer to tires, or perhaps a wheel is out of round?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have you removed the brake rotor retainer clips?

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So you changed nothing and you are developing a vibration? Thats a different animal. Id steer to tires, or perhaps a wheel is out of round?

yeah no idea...its frustrating...it almost feels like its not correctly balanced.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Could be a ton of things. Since it came out of no where and is in the front I'd say check or get your cv shaft checked. Get your rotor checked to make sure it is warped. Double check up make sure the rotor retainer isn't on there..doubtful since it didn't do this when you first got it.

If they used roadforce balancing then I wouldn't worry about the tires, unless there were beads in them originally, they could have been wet or stuck and have now gotten loose causing the issue. Its hard to get all the beads out once they are in there

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited: