What lift are you running???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering what suspension lift kit everyone is running and is it 4" or 6"? Also if you had it to do over would you run the same lift or run something different? I bought my truck and the dealership installed a rough country 6" lift. I only have maybe a 130 miles on it so I'm not sure yet of the quality. The truck looks good and it really drives smooth with no vibration. However like I said still to new to tell. If this lift holds up without issue I probably want change it. If I start to have issues with it I am more than likely going to swap it out for the bds kit as from my understanding the best kit out for our rams. My truck is not a daily driver and is a mall crawler at best with maybe going down a dirt road at the hunting club being the only off-roading it will see. So hopefully the rough country holds up for this kind of driving style. I have read a bunch how most people say the rough country 6" lift is junk so I'm hoping I can prove that wrong as I really don't want to drop more money on a lift as it was done only for looks. Just curious what you guys run and how do you like it and how it's holding up..

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm running a 6" BDS with the Fox Racing shocks. The quality of the components appear to supersede stock. The truck tracks true and straight.

Last edited:

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The large spacers used in the rear of the RCX kit will bow your stock rear coils over time. Several have had this problem. This is due to RCX not including proper drop brackets for the rear control arms, causing them to be angled and pulling the axle closer to the front of the truck as the arms are too short now.074f93643c2bcf23bb3fbc26d0b67c86.jpgAlso, they do not come with drop brackets for the rear track bar, this will pull your axle to one side as now the track bar is also too short.6793b5356bb45d38f6a4aacbf4f2553d.jpgHere you can see how a 6" doesn't have the mentioned brackets, like my 4" Mopar lift did.b73ae78c3bb2c391f5aef4c357fd09ec.jpgAside from the lack of better components, the overall build quality of RCX isn't the best. I have only ever used their products twice. I ran a 2 1/2" spacer and shock extensions for 5mo on my 15 2500.9a4659aa58fe0b801dca198935dfe443.jpgf38709f531a2cd92d2d07b867eb44c68.jpgThe RCX spacer kit was only temporary as I wanted to upgrade to new coils, but didn't want to wait more than a week to get 35s on lol. The spacers got a little scuffed on install and the powder coating chipped away. A little bit of surface rust began to form on the exposed steel. This was after 5mo of use, then I upgraded.7c35d3af06969607a8785edf02a3ddbd.jpgThe other product I am still currently using is their steering brace. Finish is holding up but the fit was not perfect. Required a bit of grinding and cutting a tiny bit to fit.cba09d0fc1af95be67dcbe6e3f3ffbfb.jpgIn short, it'll do the job, but it's not the best. I trust their steering brace, but wouldn't feel super comfortable if my whole suspension was made by RCX. I really liked the build quality of my Mopar(Superlift) lift, shop said it was one of the best systems they have ever installed on a 4th gen Ram 1500.b4fbb479b3268b7de31453213da7170a.jpg1aab8fc711c5e4fc05b109559fa8ab34.jpg95e217dd7fc0c910dfbbe058e42802cf.jpgfc9d3ee969536df88cd71c8581facfe4.jpg20f1ca76e179cfd027a22523ea909ffa.jpg1939f94aaab355bbb9156174388b7b6e.jpgI really like that it comes with a HUGE BEEFY skid plate unlike the little wimpy ones you get with other lifts. Rear control arm brackets, new rear coils, rear track bar bracket, comes with adjustable Bilstein shocks also. I'd highly recommend it. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4 inch rcx. Bilstiens up front at 1.4. Extra 1 1/2 in the rear. No problems. Mine is a daily driver. Probably 6k on the lift. I put a 18,000 on my truck since last may. I don't off-road besides maybe a few two tracks b near my cabin in northern Michigan. The 6 inch kit does come with the track bar drop bracket. I added one to my 4 inch lift. Due to the extra lift I added.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 6 inch kit does come with the track bar drop bracket. I added one to my 4 inch lift. Due to the extra lift I added.

My mistake, didn't know the 6" came with one and the 4" didn't. Still no arm brackets on either?

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are right about the arm brackets. They just use a shorter upper arm to correct pinion angle. I bought those too.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All in all. I happy with the lift. But with the extra I spent on stuff to make it better. I could of bought the zone lift.

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
I'm running the zone 6" lift and I love it. Feels strong and stable. As far as BDS being the best lift is all personal opinion. Keep in mind zone is made by BDS. The components are almost identical and a lot cheaper

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are right about the arm brackets. They just use a shorter upper arm to correct pinion angle. I bought those too.

I've looked at a 4" RCX next to my 4" Mopar at a car meet once, and that's where I noticed all the difference. Sounds like the 6" comes with a few extra parts to accommodate the extra lift. Based on what I've read on here and my own experiences, they wouldn't be my first choice. I'm sure RCX is fine, and I see many member run it on here also, but, hear more bad than good I guess, even from the shop I had my lift installed on my 12 1500

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm running the zone 6" lift and I love it. Feels strong and stable. As far as BDS being the best lift is all personal opinion. Keep in mind zone is made by BDS. The components are almost identical and a lot cheaper

I think zone is probably the best bang for your buck. As far as cost a quality. If I do another one. That's probably the route I would go

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got a BDS 4" installed. It's probably overkill for my needs, but at least I'm confident that it'll last as long as I have the truck, and so will the warranty. If doing again, I might go with Zone.

bfe477d59ab3129397655092033aecfe.jpg

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Running a zone 6" and am very happy with it. Did my research and got lots of help from forum members. Very happy with it, and would run it again on my next truck.

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if the reason the rcx lift is so bad is only because of how it's done in the rear if I could just buy all the rear stuff only from zone and be good. Is this possible? If so what is all needed and how much would it cost

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's probably your best bet. Control arm brackets can't cost much. Rear springs shouldn't be much either.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 4" Rough Country with Bils at 1.4 and Fox 2.0 in the rear. Upgraded to 3" BDS rear coils pretty much right away. Probably about 55,000 km on the lift. Didn't really do much research at the time and wasn't on here so basically went with the cheapest (seeing how I don't regularly offroad or anything).

Their finish on components is lacking, but that's not a big deal for me since I have everything coated with Krown/Fluid Film anyway. The ride isn't what it once was, so I'm going to probably be swapping out rear end components with BDS, along with a Hellwig sway bar. That's another thing I like about BDS, you can buy everything separately, whereas with others you have to buy the boxes.

The issues I've had so far are two sets of outer tie rod ends (not necessarily the fault of the lift I guess), and I busted off all the strut spacers bolt welds when I installed Bils so I replaced those with BDS as well. And just going off the quality of both spacers the difference was night and day. My kit is 5 or so years old, so I don't know if they've improved over the years...

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't know you could buy Bds stuff separate. I heard that you could buy zone stuff separately but didn't confirm that either

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't know you could buy Bds stuff separate. I heard that you could buy zone stuff separately but didn't confirm that either

I couldn't buy Zone separately, not sure if it may be different in the states. But I'm sure you'll be fine with the RC.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 4" Rough Country with Bils at 1.4 and Fox 2.0 in the rear. Upgraded to 3" BDS rear coils pretty much right away. Probably about 55,000 km on the lift. Didn't really do much research at the time and wasn't on here so basically went with the cheapest (seeing how I don't regularly offroad or anything).

Their finish on components is lacking, but that's not a big deal for me since I have everything coated with Krown/Fluid Film anyway. The ride isn't what it once was, so I'm going to probably be swapping out rear end components with BDS, along with a Hellwig sway bar. That's another thing I like about BDS, you can buy everything separately, whereas with others you have to buy the boxes.

The issues I've had so far are two sets of outer tie rod ends (not necessarily the fault of the lift I guess), and I busted off all the strut spacers bolt welds when I installed Bils so I replaced those with BDS as well. And just going off the quality of both spacers the difference was night and day. My kit is 5 or so years old, so I don't know if they've improved over the years...

Did you get 3 inches of lift from the bds rear coils? I would like to run them. Instead of the spacer.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get 3 inches of lift from the bds rear coils? I would like to run them. Instead of the spacer.

I don't have before & after measurements, but pretty close yeah. Before them I was a little nose high, now I have a slight rake (looks pretty much level).