5.7 box bed extender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xoted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked through the threads that came up for a search of bed extender, but didn't see this mentioned.

All of the bed extenders I look at show a 'standard' bed, and I'm not sure where the short bed (5.7) falls in that regard.

I have a 2017 laramie 5.7 box. I'd love to get a bed extender, but I can't figure out which (if any) of the AMP Research bed extenders will fit correctly.

One site, the way it was laid out, made me think the 'standard' was for standard vs dually (as opposed to the length of the box)

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I also have a 5'7" short bed, which was why I picked up a OEM RAM bed extender and divider on Craigslist for $200, I had the lock matched to my door key.

8b69cd7407e634a008bd966de766a841.jpg

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I looked through the threads that came up for a search of bed extender, but didn't see this mentioned.

All of the bed extenders I look at show a 'standard' bed, and I'm not sure where the short bed (5.7) falls in that regard.

I have a 2017 laramie 5.7 box. I'd love to get a bed extender, but I can't figure out which (if any) of the AMP Research bed extenders will fit correctly.

One site, the way it was laid out, made me think the 'standard' was for standard vs dually (as opposed to the length of the box)

I have the Amp Bed extender in my 5.7 box. I went with this Sport one: SPORT | AMP Research

model number: SILVER - 74804-00A. Love it.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Amp also makes the Mopar extender.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

With regard to extenders, the term "standard" has nothing to do with the length of the bed.
They are referring to the width of the tailgate opening. On the AMP page, notice that they use the terms "standard", and "step side". A step side bed has a much narrower (side to side) tail gate than a "standard" bed.
With the rams, even though they don't currently offer a step side bed, the ram box beds would have less side to side room to mount an extender compared to a non ram box/standard bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk