Air vent hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaronmaff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 4WD, Quad Cab, Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know where I can get a good air vent hood?

Preferably a dual vent hood like the ones on the Sport editions. I didn't have much luck looking on Mopar, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

Also, if it's a fiberglass one, it it a pain to switch over the windshield wiper fluid sprayers? It doesn't look like the fiberglass ones have holes for them.

Anyone have pictures of your air vent hoods?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anybody know where I can get a good air vent hood?

Preferably a dual vent hood like the ones on the Sport editions. I didn't have much luck looking on Mopar, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

Also, if it's a fiberglass one, it it a pain to switch over the windshield wiper fluid sprayers? It doesn't look like the fiberglass ones have holes for them.

Anyone have pictures of your air vent hoods?
You can buy the oem Mopar Sport hood Right Here for $922.08 shipped.

Or you can buy the Duraflex replica fiberglass hood Right Here for $432 with free shipping.

Now keep in mind if you buy the oem Mopar Sport hood it will fit perfect and won't need much prep work before painting it.

If you buy the Duraflex Fiberglass replica hood it will need the window washer holes drilled into them. It will also need a ton of sanding, primering and leveling to make it perfect before paint. It will cost 2-3 times as much $$$ to have the body shop prep the fiberglass hood then it would for them to prep the oem metal hood so keep that in mind.

Overall you save about $500 buying the replica hood but in the end you will be spending another $250- $400 to have it properly prepped and fitted before paint. So it might be worth it for you to just spend more money up front and buy the oem Mopar hood to save yourself the headache of all the prep work and time it would take to get the fiberglass replica hood to fit and look perfect.

Sent from hell via TapATalk