Black Chrome Bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zinjasub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to see if anyone has done black chrome bumpers on their 4th gens. Thinking about it, just not sure of what it will actually look like. ef75e65cc7cc3751e1a371c11fe9cd01.jpg

kml9491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw some black chrome spray kits at oreilys earlier and thought the same thing. It said for chrome rims but bumpers oughta work too

OP
OP
Z

Zinjasub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I will, there's a shop in town.. Gonna be a little bit though. Tires and rims are first

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black chrome huh...So from quick google searches it seemed it was still shiny and chrome looking just darker. Hmmm...Something like this could be something I would consider to cover ALL of my chrome to a darker tint...

Goferit!

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmmm I kinda like this idea. I was thinking about having my bumpers wrapped but this could work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, black chrome is looks like reg chrome but it's black. It basically looks like tinted chrome. Not a lot of people do real black chrome plating and it's usually pretty pricey.

It would probably look good though.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I am going to go for this! I'll buy one set of the black chrome kit and maybe an adhesion primer and try out some test subjects first. But this really could change the look of my truck if it went as I am thinking.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I am going to go for this! I'll buy one set of the black chrome kit and maybe an adhesion primer and try out some test subjects first. But this really could change the look of my truck if it went as I am thinking.

Have you found any Rams...red with black bumpers?

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you found any Rams...red with black bumpers?

I have seen a couple and whether plasti dip or painted solid black I think it could look good but IMO and my taste I like the chrome a tad better. So solid black would be lateral move or half step down. Honestly I prob like the sport solid color best but not in my deep cherry pearl paint lol. I like yours, black, white, numerous but not my paint really in sport option. I know I'm a bit :crazy:

The black chrome I have googled and looked for still looked like chrome just tinted. You could still see reflections and everything. Some of the vids I seen the guys explained the cool thing about laying the first transparent black layers is that you can do less or more for a darker tint to you liking.

I think I may strip off the black paint I just did on my MBRP exhaust tips and try them first. stainless yea but polished like chrome so should give the same effect.

Heck I found some guys really getting into the chrome tinting had used candy, metallic and even holographic flake before the clear coating spray.

Dat_HEMI_Tho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 SLT 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
I think on your truck if you use the same paint as what the rest of the truck is, you'd get a pretty nice look out of it. Especially if you black out all the chrome in the grille and both bumpers, it'd look pretty slick.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think on your truck if you use the same paint as what the rest of the truck is, you'd get a pretty nice look out of it. Especially if you black out all the chrome in the grille and both bumpers, it'd look pretty slick.

Hmmm, not sure I understand. Either the chrome goes blacked out you say or try and paint match the deep cherry pearl paint? I wouldn't be opposed to paint matching BUT to get it right usually only happens from a body shop TRULY matching your paint to factory and even then extra work can be needed to blend it all.

Ramaniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500, Laramie
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Most all of the Ram trucks come with color matching bumpers. You have to pay $300 extra to get chromed bumpers. It's just that the dealers are stuck on ordering chrome bumpers because they think that's what everyone wants. I love color matched bumpers personally.

OP
OP
Z

Zinjasub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most all of the Ram trucks come with color matching bumpers. You have to pay $300 extra to get chromed bumpers. It's just that the dealers are stuck on ordering chrome bumpers because they think that's what everyone wants. I love color matched bumpers personally.

Color matched is not an option for the Big Horn package, I like it but just want to turn it down just a little