Installing Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys,

I just got my 1.5 hub centric wheel spacers supreme suspensions and im going to be installing tomorrow, I had a few questions because they did not come with instructions, for those who have installed wheel spacers.

I plan on using blue loctite and torqueing the spacers to hub at 135 ft lbs, what did you torque the wheels to spacer studs at?
Also how often do you re-torque?

Any other tips I should consider?
Thanks

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Hey Guys,

I just got my 1.5 hub centric wheel spacers supreme suspensions and im going to be installing tomorrow, I had a few questions because they did not come with instructions, for those who have installed wheel spacers.

I plan on using blue loctite and torqueing the spacers to hub at 135 ft lbs, what did you torque the wheels to spacer studs at?
Also how often do you re-torque?

Any other tips I should consider?
Thanks
I have these installed on my 2011.

The fit and quality is great. Be aware the studs may stick out past the spacer. If so they need to be trimmed slightly unless your wheels have a recess. The wheel must sit flush to the spacer.

I torqued my spacers and wheels to 135 ft. lbs.

I used a very small drop of red loctite as it was recommended in the instructions. Many say don't bother...and too much of the stuff will only create more work getting the rotors off later.

The most important thing is torque to specs and you'll have zero issues. Check the torque on wheels and spacers after 500 or so miles.

I've run mine for 3 months and ride is same as stock. I did have 1 lug that was slightly loose on checking torque on everything.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
With 1.5" you shouldn't need to trim the lugs. Make sure to remove the little lug retainers(?) if the are present on the spacers.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What brand of spacers did you go with? I always hear that Bora are the best, but they are pricey.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I didn't use loctite on when I installed my spacers. You really don't need it.
You TQ them to 135 ft and they will be fine.

Mine are going on THREE years with no issues.
Got mine here. $140 shipped
USAdapterer.com For the Right Fit The First Time – USAdapters.com

even had to drill a custom bolt for the wheels I wanted. Same price.

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought supreme suspensions, they look very well made. Didn't get to install them today because of the rain, tommorow!

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) If you've got 1.5" spacers--you'll have to trim the stud ends--UNLESS--

The wheels have "voids" between the wheels mounting stud holes--

Use a credit card after installation and draw it across each mounting stud hole--it will probably stop/drag at the end of each stud--

Mine protrude at least 30 thousands of an inch outside the 1.5" spacer, I haven't trimmed them because I'm using the stock alloy wheels and they have the "voids" between the mounting stud holes-

It doesn't take much to cause an unbalance vibration at various speeds--so be sure you're clear-

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Don't use locktite when installing them. You need to put an anti seize compound on the threads, not locktite. If you put locktite on you're really going to hate yourself when it's time to take them off. That combined with the corrosion and crap that gets in there makes it near impossible.

As others said, make sure you take the little retainer clips off the studs prior to putting the spacers on. Then check to make sure your studs aren't protruding past the spacer. You may need to grind a bit off the tip of them with 1.5" spacers.

Torque the spacers onto the truck at 135 ft-lbs and the wheels into the spacers at 85 ft-lbs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990