LED headlight troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick40ran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2015 2500 SLT with a cummins and i wanted to put led headlights, so i found what i thought would be good headlights just got my bulb size and ordered, theyre xk glow. When i installed them i just turned they key on to check them and all was good. The next day when it came time to use them they flicker and then turn off while the engine is running, but while the engine is off theyll stay on forever. Any ideas would be appreciated!

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
after reading some of the reviews of the xk glow, that seems to be a common complaint with them

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They are not canbus compatible. Your ram's headlights are controled by a canbus system. This system as you noticed is only in effect while the truck is running.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2015 2500 SLT with a cummins and i wanted to put led headlights, so i found what i thought would be good headlights just got my bulb size and ordered, theyre xk glow. When i installed them i just turned they key on to check them and all was good. The next day when it came time to use them they flicker and then turn off while the engine is running, but while the engine is off theyll stay on forever. Any ideas would be appreciated!
You need to buy an led bulb that is either Can-Bus compatible or one that comes with anti-flicker capacitors.

Opt-7 FluxBeam-X is one LED bulb that works in these trucks that i myself have used aswell as many other forum members here. Also "The Auto LED Corp" on facebook has led's that work in our trucks aswell as HeadlightRevolution.com.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk