Light bar windshield mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a windshield mount for a light bar. However, whenever I look for one, all I can find is ones for 2002-2008. I have a 2016 1500 CC. Can anyone help me out with where to find them for a decent price?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're aware of the negatives of the windshield mount?

Wind noise, hood reflection, holes in pillars, possible water leakage...

These are some of the reasons guys won't go the windshield route.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If it weren't for all the negatives, I'd have one. That and I don't need to add any more bro-dozer to my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dierks the Dodge
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the chrome grill so I can't do the grille insert mod. And I don't have the extra money to get a back rack type thing to mount lights on. So my only real option is above the windshield. I also want to get one for in front of my grille on the bumper. I've seen it done and it looks pretty good. I had a light bar attached to my roof above the windshield before when I had my Sportage, and I didn't notice any extra noise or anything, so I don't see a problem there. What do you mean by hood reflection though? Like light bouncing off the hood? I don't see how that's a problem as long as you aim the light correctly.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Next time you drive, notice how much of your hood is visible from your driving position. Now imagine having that lit up while the rest of the world is dark. It's a distraction issue.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If that were a big problem, why do so many Rams out there have windshield mounted lights?

They just deal with it lol

I'm all for the windshield mount....I think they look good. Well some of them.

For me it really depends on the bracket style. Some are too high and out which to me look f-kn ********...but the lower, roof level mounts look good...IMO.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If that were a big problem, why do so many Rams out there have windshield mounted lights?

People do stupid **** all the time in the name of vanity, myself included. Doesn't mean it's not an issue.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I had a roof bar, worked damn good chasing hogs down - always there when I needed it. I re-fabbed the mounts to get the bar up higher and while that fixed my glare issue it created the wind issue. I ended up taking them off and giving them to (derekp), I found that I don't actually need them and the post above eluding to Instagram photos would be correct (although I don't do Instagram), but I originally put them on cause I was running the bottoms up in ETX and needed more light, but I haven't been to my land in a good while so...

OP
OP
Dierks the Dodge
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Awesome, thank you everyone for all the info. I really appreciate it.

And I googled it too (not too sure why I didn't before!) And found it for Canada!

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought about one too but I do a lot of miles and don't want the wind noise. I do like the look though

OP
OP
Dierks the Dodge
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone have any experience with the Putco one? More specifically, does it fit other light bars? I ask cuz in every description I read it says its for their brand of 52" curved bar.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Because they aren't like you and either can't afford it , or have a bumper they can't. I have the same bumper as you, I'm looking for solutions myself , but nothing is looking good !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990