Lomax Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the Lomax hard tri-fold cover part # B1040019 (made by Agricover) on my truck and I really like it a lot. It was very easy to install. I like the way it locks to the rails and ease of removal if necessary. I also installed the BedRug Impact Truck Bed Mat part #IMT09CCS. Bought my truck off the lot and it didn't come with a spray on liner so just decided to get this mat. I really don't haul much in the bed and really just needed something to keep things from sliding so this was a good solution for me. This mat has the same 3/4" padding like the carpeted version (1/4" on tailgate) but has a rubber feel on top.

Both made in USA :happy107:

LOMAX Hard Tri Fold Tonneau Cover | Folding Truck Bed Cover

Haven't seen anyone here with this cover or mat so thought I would post some pictures.

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks sick man. I was gonna go this route and now I wish I did. Good choice

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I saw this cover on some videos and pictures and just took a chance since nobody here has it. I got it from autoanything with a 20% off coupon, no tax and free shipping so that helped on the $$.

Attachments

• B3554D0B-D84B-4009-9813-6263C0AC6288.jpg
    B3554D0B-D84B-4009-9813-6263C0AC6288.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rained hard last week on my way to work, no leaks. This morning it rained real hard with 50mph wind gusts as cool front blew in, no leaks. I really like this cover.

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great! Where did you purchase from?

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I got it from AutoAnything.com, retail was $849 but they had 20% coupon so it was $679, no tax and free shipping. I think I may be the only one on here with this cover, it hasn’t been out long. I think it debuted SEMA 2015. If your interested there’s several videos on YouTube.

My boss liked it so much he ordered one for his 2017 Silverado

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I definitely like it, however does it flip all the way back for full access to your bed when needed?

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You mean like all the way folded against your glass?....no I dislike those, never understood why someone would haul stuff in their bed without being able to look out the rear window and keep an eye on the cargo or traffic. if I need to haul something this one just lifts off easily and I can see out of my rear view mirror. When finished just click it back on, takes seconds.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EYh0y4RPEXE

Last edited:

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You mean like all the way folded against your glass?....no I dislike those, never understood why someone would haul stuff in their bed without being able to look out the rear window and keep an eye on the cargo or traffic. if I need to haul something this one just lifts off easily and I can see out of my rear view mirror. When finished just click it back on, takes seconds.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EYh0y4RPEXE

The benefit to a fold against the glass cover is, imagine being out somewhere, and all of a sudden you need to haul something home (one way trip), you have the full bed and you don't have to go back to pick up the cover.

With your's (or my soft cover), you either have to leave it folded losing 1/3 of your bed (and risking the cargo damaging the cover if not properly tied down), or try to fit the cover in your cab.

You can still remove the covers that fold up against the glass, it is just another option if you need to use the full bed and carry the cover without losing cab space. I think it is a nice option to have, I just don't have the cash to spend at this point.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya in all my years of driving that situation has never happened, guess I always plan ahead.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my old Frontier I had a Tri Fold that didnt fold all the way up, and as JPT mentioned its a real pain if you are somewhere and "find a deal" or such. Since the cover is the width of the bed (which is the width of the truck, basically) it wouldnt fit inside my extended cab, so it had to stay in the bed with the cargo. Quite risky: if the cargo doesnt mash/squish it, you still have to worry about it becoming a sail and taking off.

Vowing to never deal with that again, for my RAM I picked up one of the tri folds that can go all the way up to the rear window (not QUITE all the way, but pretty close). Extang eMax, got it off Amazon Warehouse Deals for half the normal price ("used, very good" and when it got here aside from a torn 6" strip of weatherstrip, youd never know it was ever out of the box). Its not necessarily easy to remove....the clamps at the cab end of the bed are bolt on, not screw on. But when its folded up I get 95% of my bed and chances are something that big in the bed would have blocked my rear view anyway. Worst case is Ill have a small tool set in the truck anyway, could always completely remove the cover if necessary.

I do like it, though, especially for the price paid.

Ya in all my years of driving that situation has never happened, guess I always plan ahead.

Clearly you've never ended up a Home Depot with a huge clearance deal that no one saw (think 52" toolbox [top and bottom] for $175.03 :) )

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, never been in a situation where...unplanned...I decided to buy/haul something so big that I needed to fold it up against the glass.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hasn't happened much to me but it has happened.

The only issue I foresee with the complete fold one is when I need mulch/dirt/gravel. Landscape place dumps it into the bed with a Bobcat, I know they wont hit the cover I just worry about stuff getting caught up in the folds.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

With my last truck, I was visiting my sister's house in Maryland (I live in NY), she wanted to get rid of some work out equipment. At the time I had an 8' bed and a single cab (2003). If I had my current crew cab with the 5'7" bed, the cargo wouldn't have fit with only 3' of space.

There was no way to plan for this, since she didn't tell me in advance.

But, yes, it is not an everyday situation that is needed, just a nice feature.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see your point, every cover seems to have a particular feature but there isn’t one cover that has them all, not for me any way. The main features I wanted was it had to be very low profile, thick aluminum tri-fold and easily removed. During my research on covers I found this new cover at SEMA last year and the Lomax met my criteria. I waited awhile, did some more research, read few reviews, watched vids etc. and decided to buy this one. It may not be your choice but I like it and have zero regrets.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see your point, every cover seems to have a particular feature but there isn’t one cover that has them all, not for me any way. The main features I wanted was it had to be very low profile, thick aluminum tri-fold and easily removed. During my research on covers I found this new cover at SEMA last year and the Lomax met my criteria. I waited awhile, did some more research, read few reviews, watched vids etc. and decided to buy this one. It may not be your choice but I like it and have zero regrets.

Sorry, did not mean this side track to be saying anything was wrong with your choice. I was just trying to give you an example of the benefits of a fold up cover.

I like the look and functionality of your Lomax cover. It is a TON better than my soft tonneau cover I just got. I was tapped out of funds, but still need to have some type of cover before I end up driving around with hundreds of pounds of snow/ice this winter!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do like the ultra low profile of the Lomax, for sure! Price is a little steep for me, though (all of the "hard aluminum" covers were). Maybe in the future for a better look.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s all good, this is the first hard cover I have ever bought. Some I looked at were over $1000 so this at $679 still being high seemed like a bargain. My last cover on my 2001 Silverado was a soft tri fold, the cover on my 2008 Silverado is a soft roll up made by same company (access vanish) that makes this Lomax. My soft roll up is nice because like you stated you can roll it up at anytime and haul what you want. I just wanted to try a hard cover this time.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s all good, this is the first hard cover I have ever bought. Some I looked at were over $1000 so this at $679 still being high seemed like a bargain. My last cover on my 2001 Silverado was a soft tri fold, the cover on my 2008 Silverado is a soft roll up made by same company (access vanish) that makes this Lomax. My soft roll up is nice because like you stated you can roll it up at anytime and haul what you want. I just wanted to try a hard cover this time.

For an AL cover... That is a great price! When I can afford one, this will be on my list.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins

JB1, I know I'm digging an older thread but I'm considering this one too. How has it help up so far? How is it for security? I want to keep my golf clubs in the back secured and make sure (as much as I can) that they don't disappear on me!