Mopar Dodge RAM Bed Extender Divider OEM Part 68027145 AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebel97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys, a few months ago I bought a new 2017 Ram with the bed management system. I've lost the key for the RAM Bed Extender Divider OEM Part 68027145 AC. My Ram parts and service can't replace the key, even though I have the part number..they tell me its not attached to the vin of the truck. Anyway its locked in place on the fith notch from the tailgate and can't be removed with out said key. I.m going to be needing the full bed in a few days. Can any one here help me? Thanks for your time.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Call a locksmith, maybe you can take it to them and they can make a key.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I called a locksmith and had them match my door key in my fob to the bed extender. It took them a whole 30 to get it off and matched. I have Ramboxes on my truck and he simply removed the bed rails which allowed the extender/divider to slide right out.

2016 RAM 1500

OP
OP
R

Rebel97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sometimes's the hardest to see solution is the easiest fix. Took you advice and went to a locksmith today. 5 minutes and $7.50 later its unlocked. The locksmith said bring it back Monday and he'll make a key. Thanks again for the advice.:happy107:

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called a locksmith and had them match my door key in my fob to the bed extender. It took them a whole 30 to get it off and matched. I have Ramboxes on my truck and he simply removed the bed rails which allowed the extender/divider to slide right out.

2016 RAM 1500

That's odd, mine came that way... matched to the door key.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
That's odd, mine came that way... matched to the door key.

I can only assume since I purchased my truck certified preowned that it was added on by the dealer I purchased it from.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Sometimes's the hardest to see solution is the easiest fix. Took you advice and went to a locksmith today. 5 minutes and $7.50 later its unlocked. The locksmith said bring it back Monday and he'll make a key. Thanks again for the advice.:happy107:

I find myself in the same predicament regularly. I get super focused on something and then I'm unable to see the simple answer. I'm glad it was that inexpensive and easy to take care of, hopefully they don't charge you a fortune for the key.