Normal or should I ask for a new one ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was getting in the truck and noticed some bubbling on the inside of the light housing . Can some of you others with quad lights have a look?

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Warranty that!

Its on both sides. I'm assuming others just haven't noticed. I will certainly get new lights just curious to know if anyone else has it. I foresee the dealer being a **** about replacing these

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Go to the dealer. They will probably tell you it's normal.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To me it looks like it's slowly melting. Eventually it will lead to other things.
Just take it in and don't settle for them telling you it's normal

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't think it's normal. That's just there favorite diagnosis.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, do you have stock bulbs?

Yes, I do have stock bulbs. I already took it by the dealership, they said they can't do anything because of my lift.

I asked them if they can show me how the lift caused the bulb to melt the plastic, and he said it was due to the higher elevation of the bulb. I **** you not, I just got told my bulb is burning the plastic because the 6 inch lift caused a higher than expected elevation causing the bulb to burn brighter. It took everything I had to not laugh at him.

they ordered the new assembly, and will put it on next week. lol.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I do have stock bulbs. I already took it by the dealership, they said they can't do anything because of my lift.

I asked them if they can show me how the lift caused the bulb to melt the plastic, and he said it was due to the higher elevation of the bulb. I **** you not, I just got told my bulb is burning the plastic because the 6 inch lift caused a higher than expected elevation causing the bulb to burn brighter. It took everything I had to not laugh at him.

You have got to be ******** me. They Obviously think people are that stupid. I do believe I would've had to slap him.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have got to be ******** me. They Obviously think people are that stupid. I do believe I would've had to slap him.

I dunno, that's what he told me. The way I usually handle things like this ( including this one ), is go with what they say, so they will order the parts. They will think i'm paying, sometimes, on the super off chance they find something else wrong, like connectors burned, or something like that, they will go ahead and get it done because i'm paying and they like my money.

Once it's time to check out, that's when I'll bring out the **** and explain to them their is nothing they can do to get me to pay for that, due to it being a warranty claim. Rarely do I ever argue with them BEFORE the work is done.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im gonna say there were aftermarket bulbs in there.

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to go to a different dealer. I'm a Chrysler Tech and we would look right at that and order them on the spot unless you had aftermarket bulbs in it that were clearly running hotter.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You need to go to a different dealer. I'm a Chrysler Tech and we would look right at that and order them on the spot unless you had aftermarket bulbs in it that were clearly running hotter.

I too work for FCA ( not a ram tech ), or a tech at all. I'm on the same page as you, I'm just reporting what i was told for the lulz.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

There's no way I could have contained myself in that situation

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dunno, that's what he told me. The way I usually handle things like this ( including this one ), is go with what they say, so they will order the parts. They will think i'm paying, sometimes, on the super off chance they find something else wrong, like connectors burned, or something like that, they will go ahead and get it done because i'm paying and they like my money.

Yeah, the dealer is probably like....

Service Writer 1: "Oh look, it's that guy again."

Service Writer 2: "Yeah, just tell him any ******** thing and he'll just go with it."

Service Writer 1: "lol...yeah, his money pays better than warranty work that would had covered it anyway!"

Service Writer 2: "hahahahahaha!!"

There is no way I would pay for that!!

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
1st MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANY ACT. They have to prove that your aftermarket lift caused the bulbs to do that.

2nd There is a thread a while back about someone with the black ram package (I have a '15 black ram) who had the same thing with their black headlights. Apparently the dealer couldn't get them? Mine have the melting as well, but the thread stated that you can't get them for some reason...

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine have the melting as well, but the thread stated that you can't get them for some reason...

Chrysler discontinued them because when the sunlight hit the projector lens it created a hot enough spot to melt them. Just like a magnify glass.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
, they said they can't do anything because of my lift.

Wow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1st MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANY ACT. They have to prove that your aftermarket lift caused the bulbs to do that.

2nd There is a thread a while back about someone with the black ram package (I have a '15 black ram) who had the same thing with their black headlights. Apparently the dealer couldn't get them? Mine have the melting as well, but the thread stated that you can't get them for some reason...

That was in the projector housings. I don't have the black ones, I have normal silver quads (not projectors). The projectors were melting the actual lens, mine is the plastic inside the lens.