Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDawg148

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2 year old laramie in Maximum steel. Thinking about taking the badges off. Any worries about shading under the badges?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine didn't. The glue was the worse part.

Goof-off professional is amazing.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
There might be some slight ghosting, but light compound by hand and wax should help get rid of it

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You shouldnt have any issues. There is a thread here somewhere on debadging with fishing line. One thing I don't think they mentioned in the technique was too use the line to cut as close to the badge as possible, leaving as much tape on the truck you can. You then can easily pull the tape at a 45 degree angle (very important) and it comes right off. Pulled my SLT badge off my 2014 this weekend and was done in a mere minute. A few weeks ago I had to replace my hemi badges and cut to close to the vehicle, leaving blotches of tape, took me almost an hour to get the rest the tape off and that was using goof off. From my experience, this advice will make the job go real easy and a good polish got rid of ghosting!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If there is any color difference its in the clear not likely the paint. A little buffing will get it all correct.