RAM BOX Broken Into!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
My 2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn with Rambox was broken into. They prybar'ed it open no problem. Interestingly, the alarm didn't go off!!!

This is a factory installed feature, intended to store items securely, yet it is easy to break into and steal without the alarm going off.

Grrrrrrrrrr

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
that was the first thing i thought of the first time i looked at the ram box at the dealer. easy break in.

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry dude. But time and time again it's proven locks keep honest people honest. They could have easily smashed your windows too (of course then the alarm would have gone off but still)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is why I hate people. Sucks it happened to. Anything of value taken?

pkrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
First if this is the factory alarm in your truck then it would not go off on impact or in this case a pry bar. The factory alarm only goes off when the door or hood/trunk is open when the alarm is set. This is why I added an alarm that has impact and glass sensors

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Such a shame that people suck. At least you can replace ALL your tools that were stolen, your camera, your fishing gear etc, etc, etc. (wink wink)

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's too bad!!!!! Normal people see the ram box as convenient, but knuckleheads see them as opportunity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That sucks man. Hope you didn't lose anything you can't replace on insurance.

For the future, like the guys above said, locks are just an illusion.

Take it from a guy who gets paid to break into vehicles and homes, they are all very easy to enter no matter how many locks you have, we always get in.

You can cut an entire truck open like a tuna can with a sawzall and a couple cordless batteries and barely make a sound...

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
on my soft top wrangler, i never lock the doors and never leave anything of value inside.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Take it from a guy who gets paid to break into vehicles and homes, they are all very easy to enter no matter how many locks you have, we always get in.

You can cut an entire truck open like a tuna can with a sawzall and a couple cordless batteries and barely make a sound...

I agree with you 100%, right up until the "barely make a sound..."

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would get an aftermarket alarm and have magentic reeds installed on the RamBox doors.

jljbtm

Reaction score
That sucks, I have the rambox also

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

A good set of irons is invaluable.

OP
OP
T

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Sorry dude. But time and time again it's proven locks keep honest people honest. They could have easily smashed your windows too (of course then the alarm would have gone off but still)...
Oh, they did that too!!! Then climbed in and two-handed yank on the center console lid breaking it. All told, around $7k in damage.

Such a shame that people suck. At least you can replace ALL your tools that were stolen, your camera, your fishing gear etc, etc, etc. (wink wink)
I learned that it is your homeowners policy that provides insurance on the contents of your vehicle. "Comprehensive" needs to be renamed. I get what you're thinking, but the question becomes would the contents stolen be worth filing a claim on your homeowners? Plus, if I had rifles in there, omg!

jljbtm

Reaction score
Wow, and is your center console lockable? Mine is not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Get it fixed, then get a little 40 pound MEAN ASS Pit Bull and put it in the Ram Box and park it in the same spot.

Don't lock it this time.......

A Bobcat would also work.